How do you discover music? Do you still listen to the radio?

NewtonGravity

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

When I take my hour long drive to work, I usually just hookup my android to the bluetooth and start playing songs I've downloaded so I don't really discover new music UNLESS someone starts singing/playing something in front of me.
I was just wondering how you discover your music and if you still listen to the radio?

mikejnger#AC

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I listen to a weekly radio program called "lost and found" think they have a podcast too. Usually find some great artists there.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

aikonriche

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Spotify is very good streaming app for discovering new music. You should also register at last.fm. You can discover what are the popular songs, most listened artists by a lot of people.

IH8Buttons

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Primarily through review sites like this or Youtube reviewers like theneedledrop . I also use apps like soundhound and such if I come across a song in the wild that catches my fancy but I rarely listen to conventional radio as the songs I like I rarely played on it.

sauce_a_poutine

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I listen to about 3 or 4 hours of music radio a week. My regular morning radio talk show has a segment about arts & culture which features reviews and sampling of new music of many different types, along with reviews of plays, movies and books. Some tunes I just happen to hear in my environment, and use a music ID service to identify.

Music is all around us. I don't think anyone can really escape discovering new music either willingly or accidentally.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
The radio is on in the car and in the house but I don't really "listen" to it.

I use the Tune In radio app..Slacker, Jango, and Spotify.

tinytimo

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Spotify and Last.fm are great souces of music for me, but there are others too such as Deezer, Concert Vault or 8tracks which offer a blend of types of music and ways of discovering them, and all integrated in to the Sonos app which is cool. I guess you can listen to them via your PC/ Mac also or phone, but sound quality is then lacking.

toober

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I don't really listen to new music, but have found many previously undiscovered artists using Pandora and iHeartRadio. Just pop in an artist I know I like and they play things I never even knew existed. Granted, they may start playing Eminem while I'm listening to JoCo, but after a few thumbs down, all is right with the world again.

SUPER_JERK

May 11, 2014
Visit site
The playlists that youtube makes automatically after you search for something are pretty good at finding similar things.

That, and my friends listen to some pretty trippy stuff.

vdubbmax

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Radio is the way for me to listening music. I love to listening radio specially when i walking in the garden.
At that time radio is fresh air for me because it make me energetic .

msnider23

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I've been a subscriber to Google All Access for a couple of months, the I'm feeling lucky thing has introduced me to plenty. Like it quite a bit

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke