Advice for music download subscription services

biggains

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I've been thinking about getting a new MP3 player, it's probably been about ten years since I got my last one and I know a lot has changed since then. Anyway, I'm wondering what the best (legal) way to download music is these days? One of my friends was telling me to look into Amazon Prime. I also found Rhapsody. I have no experience with either one of those services. I did read somewhere that with Rhapsody the files you download are "DRM protected", and from what I gathered this means if you end your 30-day subscription the files won't work anymore?

I have a pretty limited taste in music, I like what I like. Preferably, I'd like to find a service where I can find, pay for, and download the 750-1,000 songs that I want without having a monthly subscription of any sort thereon afterwards. Buy it, download it, keep it forever, and done. Is there a service that works like this?

Sorry, I'm pretty out-of-touch with all of this stuff. The last time I messed around with downloading music was in the 2000-2005 era and a lot has changed since then.

Thanks!

JonnyKs

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
My phone plays mp3s & can stream songs that I haven't downloaded.

I subscribe to Google play all access. I can stream while I'm at home on wifi, custom playlists or radio stations based on songs/bands I like with no commercials. I've also downloaded a bunch of albums to my SD card for listening when I don't have wifi available & need to conserve mobile data.

Guess I just don't get the point of a standalone mp3 player. I've got an iPod classic that's been collecting dust for years.

Sent from my Note 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech