IS AMAZING!!!!! I just picked it up from best buy and I haven't stopped listening to it. "2nd Sucks" (I now it is not a good word but it is the title of the song) is probably my favorite song (and probably played it too many times haha) on the whole CD. I need to hook up some speakers to my laptop because the ones that are built in just don't have enough base haha.

If you like A Day to Remember then i highly advise you to go and pick it up. You will not be disapointed, although the packaging that it came in was annoying. Why can't people just cell cd's in regular cases instead of having cardboard foldout cases. Such a process to put the CD in and take it out.
    12-04-2010 01:38 PM
    I didn't know they still made CDs - way to kick it 90's style Brett
    12-04-2010 03:46 PM
    I didn't know they still made CDs - way to kick it 90's style Brett
    Are we talking about the same band haha. I don't think they were around in the 90's. Are you thinking of "remembering never" maybe?

A day to remember us a hardcore band with poppy accents

Sent from my Droid Incredible because I'm too lazy to walk over to my computer.
    12-04-2010 04:26 PM
    Sounds like a good band - I'll check them out this weekend.
    12-04-2010 05:17 PM
    Are we talking about the same band haha. I don't think they were around in the 90's. Are you thinking of "remembering never" maybe?

A day to remember us a hardcore band with poppy accents

Heh. I'm fairly sure he meant that CDs were out, and it's all about the digital distribution age.
    12-04-2010 06:23 PM
    Haha yeah I guess that makes sense. Don't I look dumb now :-p

12-04-2010 07:18 PM
    Ahhh they came out with a new CD? Damn it, I really need to catch up on things...
    12-04-2010 08:32 PM
    Ahhh they came out with a new CD? Damn it, I really need to catch up on things...
    Yeah they did and I must say it is really good. After listening to it a few times today I am a little torn. ADTR has alway had catchy chorus and these are just as good, maybe even better. There breakdowns are fewer and far between. They seem to be progressively getting softer after each album. The lyrics are still the same type of style but it is almost as if they are (dare i say it) selling out a bit haha. They do have a few really good hard songs with the ADTR classic growls and breakdowns but just not as many as I was expecting. I still think the CD is great.

I have a feeling they are suffering from Atreyu syndrome haha. Atreyu used to be my favorite band and then their 3rd came out. Pure garbage. Do they even know what screaming is anymore haha.

I guess any of us (ADTR and Atreyu fans) still have it better than the Avenged Sevenfold fans. They completely sold out and were proud of it. A huge spit in their loyal fans face.
    12-04-2010 09:28 PM
    god that band is so terrible..whatever happened to the days guys made real music like biohazard, overkill, exodus, cro-mags..if you want some "real" hardcore check out Madballs new album titled "empire" thats real true hardcore
    12-05-2010 10:42 PM
    god that band is so terrible..whatever happened to the days guys made real music like biohazard, overkill, exodus, cro-mags..if you want some "real" hardcore check out Madballs new album titled "empire" thats real true hardcore
    For the most part the bands you listed are thrash, not hardcore. And also look where those bands are, half of the members aren't even the original members.

Nice attempt at trying to troll the thread though.

12-06-2010 05:42 AM
    Ok how about madball, terror, death before dishonor, trapped under ice, the mongoloids? Those are real hardcore bands not fake ******** all bands that sold out and did it for the fame and to be on mtv
    12-10-2010 01:12 PM
    Hmm, when was a day to remember on MTV. I haven't seen their video. Then again I also don't watch MTV really. Oh and MTV doesn't even play music anymore.

Here are some real hardcore bands (that don't act like non-conformists just because its the cool thing to do):
    Glassjaw
    From Autumn to Ashes
    Thursday
    Poison the well
    Hatebreed
    Every Time I Die

They are all innovators to current hardcore and have all contributed to inspire many and many other musicians and bands.

Glassjaw alone has the most credibility of any of the other bands that we have both listed. So much so that they haven't put out a cd in about 10 years and yet the one they are releasing soon is one of the most anticipated albums in the hardcore genre.

12-10-2010 03:31 PM
    no way..i'm speechless if you knew anything about hardcore you would know that glassjaw posion the well is that terrible genre called "screamo" where are these bands now? GONE Broken up will never play again. Madball, Agnostic Front, are still doing world tours putting out new records and still preaching REAL HARDCORE. Hatebreed is a crossover metal band that has madball and NYHC Influence. Everytime I die is the worst band i've ever heard and don't argue that. I've been into hardcore for 15+ years i've been to my fair share of hardcore shows I know what REAL hardcore is. Don't even try and tell me different. in the words of raybeez "dont forget your roots" if you don't know who that is google him.
    12-11-2010 02:31 PM
    I find it amusing how you try to sub classify music genres. If you want to keep putting the bands that I listed or the music that's around today, go for it. To be honest, your narrow minded way of thinking is only affecting you, not me.

Raybeez is probably the most influential and inspiring person you have mentioned in regards to hardcore. They have all contributed to hardcore but never made something of it.

One thing you have made me aware of is that I used to be like you, a music snob. You think your taste in music is the best and if someone disagrees, they're wrong. I have learned that being like that is wrong and really pitiful. I learned that when I was about 20 years old. Your probably in your late 20s to early 30s and still feel that way. Seriously dude, get over it. Open your eyes and wake up.

I'm done arguing with you. If you want to keep going on with it, then have fun. You will be talking to yourself because I have better things to do then argue on a forum.

12-11-2010 07:32 PM
    its the B9 forums all over again!
    01-31-2011 12:27 PM
    its the B9 forums all over again!
    What do you mean?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    01-31-2011 12:45 PM
    New ADTR album is definitely not as strong as their previous releases.

To be honest, your narrow minded way of thinking is only affecting you, not me.
    Someone defending their music taste because someone else mislabeling the genre that they love is not narrow-minded.
    Someone disregarding that sub-genres in music exist and that their previous notions of how they classified them in the first place even exist is pretty narrow-minded. just saying.

But hey who cares?
    Its just music

02-02-2011 05:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD