Name one book which changed your life :)

Sarah Irvin

May 5, 2015
Visit site
I read Sophies world when I was in school and reading that book changed my whole outlook on life - it is when I started to question things more deeply and look at the world in a totally different way. Any books you have read which changed your life or perspective?

ygenyk24

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Easily Thinking Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman. He's the only person with a psychology background to win the Nobel Prize in Economics. He's done extensive research in behavioral economics and his book reveals many of his findings and research. If you like Malcolm Gladwell but prefer to see some academic writing and scientific explanations, I'd dedicate the time to read his book. Enjoy!

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Jaws by Peter Brenchley.
Not life changing but it was the first book I couldn't put down.

Also Kane and Abel,
and Exodus.

I had moved into a dingey flat for the 1st time with no tv when I was 17, so I was impressionable I guess.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Rich Man, Poor Man
and Kane and Abel

the author is hated over here, but they had a big impact on me in my late teens without a tv.

yolky

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
+1 to kafka on the shore. Although not life changing, it was incredibly entertaining. Murakami has a really "smooth" way of story telling which makes the plot flow very well with a relaxed tone.

Also Siddhartha by Herman Hesse was pretty nice. It had some very memorable quotes and reading it made me rethink a lot of things. The book was really easy to read (unlike some other classics which are written like spaghetti) which kept it entertaining, while still full with meaningful content.

kyleman86

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
The Hard Thing About Hard Things: Building a Business When There Are No Easy Answers by Ben Horowitz

It`s a great book about founding a company & entrepreneurship