Name an actor that you HATE.

Casualballer

Apr 28, 2019
Visit site
Kevin Hart. I feel like he only knows how to act as one role. Himself. As a stand up comedian he may be funny, but I just don't feel it translates to the big screen. Nuance is important as an acter and bombastic loud performance is more stand up comedian type and I don't think he has a sense of nuance. This also goes for a good chunk of the comedies that come out these days but that's a deep dive and I'll leave for a different time

Casualballer

Apr 28, 2019
Visit site
Martin Lawrence, for the same reasons.

Yeah he has a similar issue. Andy Samberg can be like that as well, but he situated himself in a sitcom (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) where the style of the show is geared for that kind of comedy and the result is quite good. There's no reason Hart couldn't do similarly (ie Tracy Morgan). It's when you stretch him over a 2 hour movie that needs to be plot and acting driven that he falls short.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Kevin Hart. I feel like he only knows how to act as one role. Himself. As a stand up comedian he may be funny, but I just don't feel it translates to the big screen. Nuance is important as an acter and bombastic loud performance is more stand up comedian type and I don't think he has a sense of nuance. This also goes for a good chunk of the comedies that come out these days but that's a deep dive and I'll leave for a different time

He's not even funny as a stand up. Overrated.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Any adult actor that acts as immature juveniles...Adam Sandler and Will Ferrel for example. I can't stand them.
I feel the same way about those particular two.

Yet, I did like The Wedding Singer - something that actually wasn't Sandler's usual schtick.

And, I do enjoy Elf, though more for the supporting actors than Ferrell himself.

So, even "actors" I may not personally like can sometimes find a way past themselves. Like Paris Hilton (more useless celeb than actor) in that Supernatural episode.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Tom Cruise irks me. Don't know why, he just does. I have seen a few movies that I don't mind him in. But in general... Not a fan. I also dont like Will Ferrell. I think hes obnoxius and annoying.

Last edited:
Reactions: fuzzylumpkin

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
Brad Pit. Won't say that I hate him, and some roles/movies he's ok. However, most roles/movies he's in he just seems to emit some sort of sense of entitlement of perfection.

Last edited:

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Ben Affleck - the worst batman ever

I can't stand Ben Affleck or Casey Affleck... not because of their acting, but because of their total lack of morality. They treat women like dirt, and there's absolutely no excuse for that. Kevin Spacey is a grade A leche as well except it's the guys he treats like dirt. Good thing he's been blacklisted, won't have to see him on the screen anymore.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Ooh, where to start!

Honestly, I don't follow celebs enough to have strong feelings about most of them, especially outside of nerdy circles lol.

But I hate James Franco. That guy creeps me out big time.

• Haha
Reactions: J Dubbs

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruchi Chandel