Any Jazz fans?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Folks,

I'm now listening to most of my music via streaming, Amazon Music, Pandora, Google Play etc, BUT back in the day I used to listen to lots of CDs (OK I go back to records too!). So today I was cleaning out my desk drawer at work and I found a stash of jazz CDs that I used to listen to at work, I guess. (The player is still here, my coworkers use it for the radio now!)

So for the better part of the day I have been jamming listening to some AWESOME jazz music on my computer! I have a nice speaker bar. (HEY I'm the IT guy! ;) ) I've got Stanley Jordan, Weather Report, Chick Corea, John McLaughlin, Miles Davis, Jonathan Butler, AND what's on right now, Spyro Gyra's "Morning Dance"

So are there any other jazz fans out there? I guess for me, I mostly like the cool jazz from the 50ies and 60ies which then transitioned in to Jazz fusion from the 70ies and 80ies! I used to have a tradition with my Dad of seeing shows together either at the musikfest in Bethlehem OR the Mellon Jazzfest here in Philly. I saw SO many greats with my Dad! Miles, BB King, Lionel Hampton, Dizzy, Philly Joe, Bill Frizzell, Grover. Wynton Marsalas, etc

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I have a number of jazz LPs by: Jarrett, Davis, Coltrane, Getz, Weather Report, Kirk, Dolphy, Blakey. If I'm not listening to progressive rock, then I'm probably listening to jazz.

Scott Shrewsberry

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm definitely a jazz fan.

Some of my favorites are:

Jim Hall
Ahmad Jamal
Bill Evans
Barney Kessel
Jimmy Bruno
Joe Pass
Pat Martino
Bruce Forman
Bobby Broom
Kenny Burrell
Wes Montgomery
Grant Green
Tal Farlow
Kurt Rosenwinkle
Jimmy Bruno
Jack DeJohnette
Oscar Peterson
Thelonious Monk
McCoy Tyner
Herbie Hancock
Charles Lloyd
Miles Davis
Jaco Pastorius
Joe Zawinul

.... really, there are too many to mention. Those were just the first ones to pop in my head.

I'd love to talk jazz with you folks. It doesn't seem that many people are really into straight ahead jazz, bop, or hard bop, or jazz fusion anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34