Golla cases

barbarianthemadserb

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Ya, I ditto that. I have one of those Golla cases-awsome. Plenty of protection for the Epic. I cut off the belt loops as I like to keep mine in my pocket and not hanging off my belt. Nice added touch with an inside pocket (credit cards?) and an outside zippered pocket.

FaerieInk

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I LOVE the Golla cases, but many of those recommended in the store will not fit the Epic 4G well. I have the Riley case from my Palm Pre and the Epic doesn't slide all the way in and the velco just barely catches. Unfortunately, the store doesn't list the actual sizes for the cases. Which models do you guys have?

Monsterr

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I LOVE the Golla cases, but many of those recommended in the store will not fit the Epic 4G well. I have the Riley case from my Palm Pre and the Epic doesn't slide all the way in and the velco just barely catches. Unfortunately, the store doesn't list the actual sizes for the cases. Which models do you guys have?

Androidcentral store does indeed list the size.

But all of the "Smart" line of Golla pouches are the same size. I was assuming the Smart bag fit the Epic! :( I was planning on purchasing one off ebay.

Can you post some pictures with the epic inside it?

nKoan

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I have a Golla Zone that I bought for my Palm Pre. With my new Epic, its a tight fit, and about a half inch pokes out the top.

Pre Central lists the size as 85 x 130 mm / 3.35 x 5.12 inch, which is roughly the same size as a lot of the cases that are listed here as compatible with the Epic.

I'm still undecided if I'm going to use it, or move onto something else. The fit is just a little too snug for me.

FaerieInk

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Androidcentral store does indeed list the size.

But all of the "Smart" line of Golla pouches are the same size. I was assuming the Smart bag fit the Epic! :( I was planning on purchasing one off ebay.

Can you post some pictures with the epic inside it?

It actually does not list the size for many of them. Here are a few examples:

http://store.androidcentral.com/golla-haley-pouch/4A193A5351.htm

http://store.androidcentral.com/golla-heat-pouch/4A193A3605.htm

http://store.androidcentral.com/golla-grape-pouch/4A193A5341.htm

The Grape pouch has a linked review that actually shows an Evo in it.

I'll see if I can get a picture tonight of my Epic in the Riley case.

Last edited:

FaerieInk

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I have a Golla Zone that I bought for my Palm Pre. With my new Epic, its a tight fit, and about a half inch pokes out the top.

Pre Central lists the size as 85 x 130 mm / 3.35 x 5.12 inch, which is roughly the same size as a lot of the cases that are listed here as compatible with the Epic.

I'm still undecided if I'm going to use it, or move onto something else. The fit is just a little too snug for me.

Darn... I was eying that size case, but was hesitating because I hoped to also get a hard case for the Epic (I'm clumsy and have been dropping too many things lately) and was worried if it would fit with that added bulk. I guess I'll keep looking!

Monsterr

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
These cases look a little too junior high-ish for me. Wish they made the same thing in leather.

They definitely are more fashion trendy cases. Not a bad thing.

I don't wear leather if I have the choice, and am looking for a pouch that can hold more than just the phone. :)

epbb

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
They definitely are more fashion trendy cases. Not a bad thing.

I don't wear leather if I have the choice, and am looking for a pouch that can hold more than just the phone. :)

Same here. Looking for a wallet style (non-flip) that will hold the phone, some cash and a couple cards. Need something I can wear to work though.

nKoan

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Darn... I was eying that size case, but was hesitating because I hoped to also get a hard case for the Epic (I'm clumsy and have been dropping too many things lately) and was worried if it would fit with that added bulk. I guess I'll keep looking!

So, I'm starting to think it fits better than I originally thought.

When I got the Golla case for my Pre, the first thing I did was cut off the front flap and the velcro for the front flap to get rid of the extra bulk (you can see in my pic, that my knife got a little too excited and accidentally cut a small hole near where the velcro was). I've attached a picture of my Epic, slid down as far in as it can into my Golla Zone. It does stick out a bit, but not really as bad as I originally thought. If the front flap were still on the thing, it would probably still close, though I can't say for certain.

As for those that think these are pretty trendy cases, I couldn't agree more with most of them. This was the one of the few I could live with, and I actually really like it. I actually still like the Zone more than any of the other Golla bags that the android central store lists as Epic compatible.

Golla Zone on Precentral

I was happy with the Golla bag once I modified it how I wanted it for my Pre. I just spent a day with the Sprint hardcase on my Epic, and I didn't really like it. That case adds way too much bulk. I'm going to try my Golla pouch again for a few days just to see how it goes.

Monsterr

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Awesome! Thats actually a pretty good fit in my opinion!

I think the retail price ($17) is ALOT, but you can find most of the Golla Smart bags for ebay ranging from 5-10 bucks including shipping.

I'm gonna get a cheap one to use until I can find a case to my liking!

DaveWW00

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
does golla realize they might sell a few more of these if they got rid of the flowers and butterflies on the cases and maybe sold a few that were just plain black or other plain colors?

epbb

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
does golla realize they might sell a few more of these if they got rid of the flowers and butterflies on the cases and maybe sold a few that were just plain black or other plain colors?

Yeah, they might work for skaters or junior high girls...