Do not buy zagg invisi shield!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hucworld

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
This morning when I left RadioShack my first order of business was to stop at Best Buy to buy an InvisiShield. Well once I got it on my phone I found that my phone was very very unresponsive. I toyed with it a bit more and I posted about it. Well after visiting another RadioShack and having my Epic swapped out I went back to Best Buy and had yet another one installed. There was a guy there working for Sprint and I asked him had he had the same issue. He replied no and began using his Epic and was touch his button with no problem. Before stopping home I passed a Sprint store and asked on of the reps there had he seen this issue today and he said no. He took a closer look at my phone and peeled off the InvisiShield and damn near got pissed and he showed me what was the issue and reached in his pocket and gave me twenty dollars for the wasted twenty bucks on the Zagg. Long story short the Zagg hinders the responsiveness of the bottom row with the home key and the other three buttons.

HAAS599

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Here is my reply to your original post:

You could use a hole punch to make some holes right where the sensors are. It would still keep your screen protected and give your finger something to feel for when the buttons are not lit up.

drizek

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Here is my reply to your original post:

You could use a hole punch to make some holes right where the sensors are. It would still keep your screen protected and give your finger something to feel for when the buttons are not lit up.

Actually not a bad idea.

sic0048

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
The Epic has gorilla glass so is a screen protector needed?

sent from my Epic through the cosmos

Yes. Gorilla glass isn't scratch proof or shatter proof. It might hold up better than regular glass, but it will still get scratched without a screen protector on it.

sic0048

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
The Epic has gorilla glass so is a screen protector needed?

sent from my Epic through the cosmos

Yes. Gorilla glass isn't scratch proof or shatter proof. It might hold up better than regular glass, but it will still get scratched without a screen protector on it.

kenjancef

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
My question is: why in the you-know-what would a Sprint rep hand you $20, out of his own pocket, and for something you didn't even get at a Sprint store?!?!?!

Sorry... But I have NEVER met a Sprint rep ANYWHERE that would do that...

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I warned someone about it, but I had no idea this would ever happen. I put on a privacy screen protector. I get a rainbow effect, but the PenTile Matrix problem is a thing of the past! A case makes it kinda bulky, but I feel better with it on.

Sent from my awesome Epic 4G

hucworld

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
My question is: why in the you-know-what would a Sprint rep hand you $20, out of his own pocket, and for something you didn't even get at a Sprint store?!?!?!

Sorry... But I have NEVER met a Sprint rep ANYWHERE that would do that...

hey to be honest that blew my damn mind when he did that as well but it indeed happened.

nimhero

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I know its not gorilla glass, but my hero has special glass too(forgot the science speak name), and in a year I still have not single scratch, chip, or crack in its glass. This is on a 100% unprotected pocket dwelling phone.

Just don't drop it and it should never get damadged. Well that and never put your keys or anything like that in the same pocket or bag.

hittman4life

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I just found out that my back button issue was 100% a result of the Zagg cover. I peeled it off because I was going to take it in to have it looked at and to my surprise it was magically fixed.

I know it has Gorilla Glass and I know that I am being paranoid. I'm going to use the phone without it until a manufacturer addresses this issue but I may try the hole punch idea just to see how it does..

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I've never had a problem with Zagg screen protectors on three different Android devices I've owned, each were on the device for at least a year.

Your doing it wrong (or the guys you have installing them are).

Sent from my SPH-D700 CM9 ANDROID 4.0.4

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've had the zagg shield since I got my phone. Never had an issue. Keeping in mind that when the glass is wet, it doesn't respond. You spray the protector when it's installed, and I recall some fine print that said to let it set for a few hours before using the phone. I've a feeling that you never let it set, so the glass was still "wet" under the screen, causing your issues. I bought the protector, and installed it that night before bed. Never had a problem after that.

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
You guys realize this thread is almost 2 years old, right? I am sure zagg has corrected any issues by now. Let let this thread go.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol