$3 case

epbb

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Was a little over $7 with shipping. I'll have it in a few days if anyone will be interested in the quality/fit of the case.

joosen

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I was thinking of buying a case like that, but the bar that covers te samsung logo is kind of a turn-off

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

zetterwing

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I just got the case in the mail Tuesday and I like it for the price. It isn't beautiful but it does it's job protecting the phone. The front half is very difficult to remove but the back pops off a bit easier for changing batteries etc. The bar on the lower front doesn't look too bad to me but it may bug some people as it does create a recess for the capacitative buttons. They are all still easily accessible but it may be an issue.
One issue that I see is the tabs that clip the front cover on could rub on the keyboard a bit and scratch the buttons. Other users have reported this with the Seidio case. I can't tell for sure if it is rubbing on mine but I plan on filing the tabs down a bit to make sure.

redalert825

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
i have this exact case.. i liked the design of the front bc i too dont like the branding on my stuff if i can avoid it.

the problem is that this front case covers up your notification light. took me a while to figure this out bc i thought the visible white circle thing on the right was the led light. i spent a weekend thinkin my phone was broken bc the light wasnt working.

now im just using the cover that sprint sells, with the textured back cover. i depend on that LED.

epbb

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Haven't gotten mine yet, probably any day now. Sounds like it might be going in the trash from the comments here.

epbb

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Well I got my case finally. I like it so far. The middle bar across the logo actually helps me find the buttons. I can even hit the bottoms without looking which is pretty nice. I guess some parts of the edges could be cleaner but I wasn't expecting much for 7 bucks. I like it better than the bulky one at the sprint store for $30.

epbb

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah that kinda sucks. Don't know how they totally missed that. I don't really use the lightsfor notifications though. Mainly go by the sounds. Would be nice to have it though. Prob just use this case temporarily.

zetterwing

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I didn't notice that it covered the notification led at first and I have to say I'm not really bothered by it. I'm use to clicking the phone out of standby quickly to see the status bar and any notifications without unlocking the screen. I still think until a really good inexpensive alternative comes along I'll keep this one on.

Shadowspec

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I have 2 similar, xception being they have the spade skull, and the grim reaper. They seemed to fit well, offered good grip, but after a couple of days of use the skull one began rubbing the keys on the qwerty. I then swapped to the grim reaper, and after near 2 days it to began to rub.

Bare in mind I RARELY use my qwerty, so rarely slide my phone open. Really a shame, I liked the feel, and protection offered.

Also noticed the my cap. buttons respond better without the case, anyone else notice a difference with/wotiout the case? May be just me.

epbb

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
My case doesn't rub the keys yet. There is a visible gap right now, but I'll have to keep an eye out for rubbing later.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer