Seidio Innocase Review (GREEN) UPDATED 56k BEWARE

betatech

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I will be doing reviews and testing for Seidio products and received my first one to start with. ( Admins if you would like verification I do have that available ).

It is the Green ( Or Saga as they call it ) Epic 4g Case. I have provided a couple of pictures and will be posting a full review today with more photos to come. Possibly may do a video to show the sliding action since that has been a big question among the cases currently out.

Currently I'm going to be testing the sliding mechanism restriction, phone damage if any, and a few other things.

Seidio Innocase EPIC 4G (GREEN) Review

Review:
From first impression, the Seidio Innocase for the Epic 4g has a great feel all around the case. The rubberized no slip grip works wonders, yet still has a smooth to the touch finish. All buttons and microphone are completely accessible without restriction.

Sliding mechanism:
With the case attached to the Epic 4G there is NO restriction on the sliding mechanism. Now Seidio did a surprising design that many manufactures have not attempted. For the bottom portion of the case, the attachment clips are on each corner yet they are raised slightly from the rim of the case, this allows a very small opening for the case to move freely. Addition to that, the top cover has the attachment clips mounted on the top and bottom. Due to both these features ? Scratching of the keyboard is long gone and smooth sliding stays.

Installation and Removal:
Install was very basic, the case clipped on smoothly and is simple enough to remove incase of a reset, memory card, and battery removal.

Appearance:
The case is thin compared to most out there. After installing the case there was not much added to the bulk of the phone. In my opinion this gave a the phone a better look with a case due to how thin it is.
The green I had to admit is beautiful ? It is a true Saga but can be looked upon as a light forest green.

Durability Testing:
For this I used my second epic as it is my test phone for software and such. To meet the standards of daily use, I tested the phone while out at a Mall, Movie theater, Restaurant, and outside on trails. This allows different areas and different types surroundings for testing.
After Dropping the phone on several occasions and from different heights and on different material ( 1ft, 3ft, 5ft, 6ft) - The case never came off and surprisingly the case is almost un-touched. The phone was fully protected and no damage was done.

Options:
There have been questions if the case will fit with a Seidio Screen Protector, Phantom Skinz, Invisible shield, and 3rd party brands. I tested the case with phantom Skinz ? Tight fit but still works great. Seidio Screen Protector ? Fit perfect, Invisible Shield - The case fit like a glove. 3rd party skins provided the same results.

If there are any questions please feel free to post. Other colors and products coming soon.

2010-09-16111513.jpg

DSCN0053.jpg

DSCN0055.jpg

DSCN0071.jpg

IMAG0039.jpg

IMAG0040.jpg

IMAG0041.jpg

IMAG0042.jpg

IMAG0043.jpg

IMAG0044.jpg

Last edited:

sweat

May 28, 2010
Visit site
What be helpful would be to see a size comparison of the phone in the case and outside of the case. If you don't have two Epics, perhaps you could do a measurement?

BTW, why does the post headline say beware? Is there something negative I missed?

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
What be helpful would be to see a size comparison of the phone in the case and outside of the case. If you don't have two Epics, perhaps you could do a measurement?

BTW, why does the post headline say beware? Is there something negative I missed?

It's a warning for people that have slow internet connections to beware of the large amounts of pictures in the post. It would take them years to load the page.

benhar10

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Epic 4G Holster

Can the Seidio case and holster be put so the phone actually faces out rather than in. I realize that facing it in protects the screen but I want to be able to place it in my car with the screen facing out so I can use the Navigation.

betatech

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Can the Seidio case and holster be put so the phone actually faces out rather than in. I realize that facing it in protects the screen but I want to be able to place it in my car with the screen facing out so I can use the Navigation.

With the shape of the bottom of the phone you would not be able to do this. It is only designed to be face in.

would this case also fit in the media dock that samsung sells

Sadly no, but I have been discussing with Seidio about a dock that would allow use with a case added. I explained the issues that we currently have with the samsung dock ( I also own one ), such as the volume rocker issue, and phone placement.

sweat

May 28, 2010
Visit site
How much thicker is the phone with the case on? My wife has the body glove case and its just too thick. I carry my phone in my front pocket, so I don't want a case that's too bulky.

betatech

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
How much thicker is the phone with the case on? My wife has the body glove case and its just too thick. I carry my phone in my front pocket, so I don't want a case that's too bulky.

only 1mm thick all around,there is not much bulk added at all, and slides in the pocket perfect.

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I have a big question. Is there felt inside the case? I am getting my wife the Epic 4G on October 1 (when she is eligible for upgrade) and I was going to get her this case, but purple. I have and EVO, and I had a problem with the Innocase Surface II, because for some reason Seidio made the case plastic and didn't put any felt on it on the inside. The case caused scratches on the phone to other people. Seidio finally redesigned the EVO case, and made it not plastic inside and added the felt on it. So, does this new case from Seidio for the Epic 4G have the felt and rubber feel on the inside, or did they try it again with the plastic and no felt, which will cause scratches with the phone? I am probably going to call Seidio to find out tomorrow, but I am wondering, the people who did get the case, are you having any problems with it. Is it a little loose. Does it move at all?

bucc0303

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I just got the case in the mail today. Thank you android central. The case does not have the felt you are asking but does not give in any corners like the evo one did. I will post any changes.

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
So is there the problems I have been hearing. The case on the bottom is loosening up, scratching problems. Ends of the case coming up. My wife really wants this phone, but unless I find a case that will work properly, and protect the phone, not scratch it. Of those of you that have the case, how is it working for you?

bucc0303

May 12, 2010
Visit site
So is there the problems I have been hearing. The case on the bottom is loosening up, scratching problems. Ends of the case coming up. My wife really wants this phone, but unless I find a case that will work properly, and protect the phone, not scratch it. Of those of you that have the case, how is it working for you?

I use it and do not see the problems that the evo one did. I had the EVO and the case you mentioned and it did scratch the hell out of it. A few days now and no problems yet.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have a good way of keeping this case from being lose? I put paper shims inside; but, I wanted to know if there was a better way that any one has come up with.

It's really annoying how loose it is. I'd rather have the screen wobble.

hybrid85

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for this review. I've been waiting for someone do to a detailed review with pictures on this case. Reading this today I've decided to go ahead and get this case. Thanks again!

cmenglish

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Bumping for update from those who have this case. I'm wondering if anyone has experienced any scratching since their last posts?

I used the black snap on case from Sprint and it ended up scratching the outer edge of my Epic so I'm now somewhat leery of snap on cases. I'd really like a new snap on case but I've yet to find any for the Epic with padding on the inside to prevent scratching from occurring.

Matty-Mo

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
i bought this case from amazon and returned it within the week, the case was so loose all the way around. top and bottom. the phone felt so loose in it, the sprint black case feels so much better and tight.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX