ProClip Adjustable Car Holder works perfectly with the Epic (w/Case or bare)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbpaddler

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
Hey all,

Sorry for the delay in getting this stuff up, but I've been spending time over at AndroidForums and getting away from my roots on this family of sites. Moved on from my Evo, though I still have it, and my adjustable holder is now set for my Epic. It's a great fit. I picked up a cheap hard case to show it works well with an encased phone (though I use mine bare with a holster). The only reason I'd wait on the Epic specific holder is if you want to use it with the slider open.

And before you ask, the cable is an Up Angle MicroUSB cable bought from usbfirewire.com. Great cables. If you need a low profile at the USB end they make a right angle connector there too. Should be perfect if you're using a low profile USB adapter in a cigarette lighter socket.

The adjustable comes with a tilt swivel so you can rotate to landscape. I just don't rotate and ditched the tilt swivel for a lower profile fit.

Will post the specific one when it's available, but again, I think it's a waste of money unless you need keyboard access while in the holder. We keep these phones for a year now because the latest and greatest seems to leapfrog the previous year's device (like the Moment is even in the same league...). So you know you're upgrading next year. Why drop another $40 and change? Just my humble opinion, and I don't get tired of emails every year from old customers who upgraded their phones. But that's the salesman side, not the user side.

attachment.php

3758d1286207308-proclip-adjustable-car-holder-works-perfectly-epic-w-case-bare-epicproclip01.jpg

3759d1286207321-proclip-adjustable-car-holder-works-perfectly-epic-w-case-bare-epicproclip02.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: sushi and cmenglish

dbpaddler

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
It's a set once and forget design so it just slides in. You can make it as loose or tight as you want.

And do remember it is a 2-part solution meaning you need a dash mount that attaches somewhere around the dash whether it's one from proclip, panavise, kuda or whoever. I can help you with finding the right solution for your car too. In some cars, the proclip mounts are not always ideal so I might show some other options.

Reactions: DaveWW00

dbpaddler

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
As I mentioned, it has a tilt swivel included, I just don't use it. Don't see the need to go landscape in the car so I streamlined it for a lower profile look. Can post the stock pic when I get home.

sushi

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Missed that in the description. No worries about the stock pic (unless you want to post it). Pricing for the mount only?

dbpaddler

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
can take 10% off the product cost which makes the holder $36. Shipping is 6.50. Sales tax if you're in IL, WI, CT or TX. I technically can only discount products 10% due to minimum advertised pricing set by proclip.

robyn25

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
You said it can swivel but by looking at the pictures it looks like it would just slide out? 1 reason to use it in landscape mode would be gps... I looked on proclips website and it only showed 1 option for a mount for my car and it is no where near the charging plug...on the left side of the driver, just like where a gps would go.. Also, since there is no epic mount which one is the one that you are using that you say works..
Thanks for the info!

dbpaddler

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
1. Still don't have a date on the specific holders. They say a couple weeks, but nothing defined, like the froyo update :)

2. It won't fall out. There is a touch of flex in the sides so you can create a tight fit. There's enough friction to keep it in in general, but going with a slightly tighter fit has it as secure as can be. Have sold a ton of these for other phones and they were all throwing them in landscape.

3. That is my Epic in the pictures in the adjustable mount.

4. And if ProClip doesn't have an option for your car, let me know what kind of car and I can show you other options from other companies and hopefully a good deal on one. Though none of the other companies make one that mounts on the left side of the center console near the steering wheel. Most are on the right side of the center console.

The other option is to go with a console mount and an angled adapter. But again, I don't know your vehicle so I'm not ssure if that's an option.

robyn25

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your quick response, I have an 08 saturn vue. I think the proclip one for my car is pretty cool but kinda expensive, but I would like to see any other options that you have available..
I didn't see the adjustable one on the proclip website,..
edit - I was asking how much it is but I saw on previous post you said 36 with 6.50 shipping I think.. thanks.

eerongal

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
wow, looks nice in the proclip holder.

I've always wanted to get a proclip mount, but unfortunately they dont offer a solution for my car.

They do have a solution for an older year of my car, but not the year i have (2001 chevy lumina), though the dash in the picture LOOKS the same, but i dont really wanna chance it not working just because a picture looks similar, im sure there's a reason it only goes to 1999, and not up to the 2001 model.

dbpaddler

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
Don't know how I missed some posts... it could be the center dash design doesn't really give them places to clip into crevices. If you don't mind a little effort, panavise probably makes a mount. Would most likely be removing the dash bezel and securing the mount to the radio mount screw. Would look similar to the dash nount in my pic as I didn't have an option either. Can look it up for you if you like.
wow, looks nice in the proclip holder.

I've always wanted to get a proclip mount, but unfortunately they dont offer a solution for my car.

They do have a solution for an older year of my car, but not the year i have (2001 chevy lumina), though the dash in the picture LOOKS the same, but i dont really wanna chance it not working just because a picture looks similar, im sure there's a reason it only goes to 1999, and not up to the 2001 model.

dbpaddler

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
Sorry for the delay. The adustable if not shown for a specific product is under "other holders" on the left hand side. I could look up the panavise option for you. Might be able to find it on ebay for about $20 o so shipped. That would require removng the dash bezel to install. Not everyone is comfy doing that. Clips on them can be fragile, and if you're not patient with it you can break some. I broke a few on mine and picked up a newbezel at a junkyard thankfully. Some pay an install shop a few bucks to do it. There aren't any "cheap" custom products out there. I've been doing this since 02' and all the people on the various forums that have bought into proclip will all usually testify to the quality over all the generic stuff out here. Plus, going with the adjustable future proofs you a bit with phones to come since we all know we'll be eying up a better model a year from now.
Thanks for your quick response, I have an 08 saturn vue. I think the proclip one for my car is pretty cool but kinda expensive, but I would like to see any other options that you have available..
I didn't see the adjustable one on the proclip website,..
edit - I was asking how much it is but I saw on previous post you said 36 with 6.50 shipping I think.. thanks.

markz68

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I am looking for a mounting solution for my Epic in my 2008 Honda Fit. The ProClips site shows only one for the left side of the steering wheel. I'd prefer it be mounted in the center. And I'd like the option of going portrait or landscape.

I also have a Garmin Nuvi 360 in a Garmin bean bag mount. Is there a way to convert it to hold the phone mount?

I also see that the ProClips site mentions mounting two devices together. I'd be interested in mounting the GPS and phone together either on the converted bean bag I asked about above, or on a dash mount.

Can you help me configure some options?

dbpaddler

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
Hey Mark, if the Bean Bag mount has a standard AMPS mounting plate on it, you could essentially do the double plate and have the devices side by side. Let me look at other options that would use the center dash, and I'll drop you an email with more detail. Could always throw the garmin on that left mount and use the bean bag for the phone. I've had a few customers do that as to not crowd the center dash.

Sushi...looks nice. Makes me wolnder why people go out and buy cheap generic stuff over and over....

wubba

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm interested in a similiar setup as the one Sushi posted pics of. I like the angled bracket near the radio.

I have 08 VW Jetta.

How much would that setup cost?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy