I checked out ProClip but I don't like where they position the phone for my car. I think coming from the cigarette lighter is the best position in my car. So what are some good ones to look at? I also would like it to be some what universal so I can use it for other phones, mp3 players, etc. Also one that doesn't have a fixed charging cable. As in I can use a micro, mini, or any propitiatory cable. So one with usb outlets or just an open cigarette lighter outlet.

This one looks to be the best one so far but the 2 1/2 star rating makes me want to look for a better one.
    Amazon.com: Kensington Power Port Car Mount for iPhone and iPod: Electronics
    10-31-2010 05:36 PM
    Did you ever find a car mount that works for your needs? I'm looking for the same thing.
    12-09-2010 04:54 PM
    I just received the cig lighter car dock that I ordered off the ANdroid Central Epic store. Seems well built. Is not a dock that activates Car Dock automagically, though. Is just a holder. Will try it tomorrow and try to post results here.
    12-10-2010 12:45 AM
    That's the one that doesn't charge the phone right? Is there one that does charge the phone while mounting there?
    12-10-2010 09:26 AM
    I got iGrip from Android Central Store. No instructions included. Plugged it in, and was a VERY tight fit, BUT, the stand itself flopped all over. Tried to pull it out, and pulled out my cigarette lighter doing it! Even with pliers I couldn't get it out.

Eventually I figured out at that unscrewing the pieces relieved the inner wedging action.... but a simple set of instructions would have told me this before pulling out my cigarette lighter!

Bottom line - maybe it works. I won't know because now I have to have a cigarette lighter that won't go back in correctly, much less hold a phone dock.

Buyer beware!

(2009 Ford Escape Hybrid)
    12-11-2010 12:45 PM
    I'm thinking of trying this one: http://store.androidcentral.com/arko...r/3A78A574.htm

($15.55 at Amazon)
    12-13-2010 11:38 AM
    The Samsung one! (but more expensive)
    12-19-2010 10:52 PM
    I thought about getting the Samsung one, but I went with a universal one so that it would be compatible with other phones and not specific to Samsung. I ended up ordering this one: Arkon Universal Windshield with Dashboard and Vent Mount for Smartphones and PDAs (Black):Amazon:Cell Phones & Accessories. The Arkon SM410. It was $14.95 but looks like the price went up. We'll see how it goes.
    12-20-2010 12:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD