Problem with Realook

skatanic000

Banned
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
This is the best screen protector I have ever used. I get giddy just running my thumb up and down the screen, stroking it and feeling how smooth and authentic it feels. IT SERIOUSLY FEELS LIKE THE GLASS DOES WITHOUT PROTECTION!!

HOWEVER . . .

I have noticed that it really hangs on to thumb oil. Unless you wash it regularly your screen will always be streaked with thumb oil.

Any workarounds?

HeisRisen

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
This is the best screen protector I have ever used. I get giddy just running my thumb up and down the screen, stroking it and feeling how smooth and authentic it feels. IT SERIOUSLY FEELS LIKE THE GLASS DOES WITHOUT PROTECTION!!

HOWEVER . . .

I have noticed that it really hangs on to thumb oil. Unless you wash it regularly your screen will always be streaked with thumb oil.

Any workarounds?

Even a freshly washed microfiber cloth won't get it off?

skatanic000

Banned
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
It will but the second I use it again the screen is soiled. Its not the biggest problem. I just notice it holds streaks more than the default screen does. Why do they advertise as fingerprint free if they aren't?

What do you mean by freshly washed? Should I be washing my microfiber cloths? How do I do this?

c0c0nutsp0rt

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem and was looking to try the Steinheil screen protectors to see if they have the same problem. Right now I just clean it with a moist paper towel when it gets really oily.

aclays

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I occasionally have this problem, doesn't seem to be consistent though. Sometimes it stays really clean. I wonder if it has something to do with heat...

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I just breathe some vapor on the protector and then wipe it off with the microfiber cloth or slightly moisten the cloth with eyeglass cleaner (from the pearle vision center in your local walmart) and then wipe. Don't like spraying anything on the phone for fear of getting it in the speaker at the top. Hope this helps.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Funny enough if I get finger streaks on my screen protector, I just make a light pass with my finger and it goes away. Rubbing too hard just seems to make it worse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech