Anyone tried TV out with component cables?

eerongal

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Such as these?

These claim they will work with the Epic, and if these do, then any old 3.5mm to composite should work. Unless im mistaken, the microUSB to HDMI weren't supposed to work until froyo, right? Is it the same case with these sort of cables? I honestly dont wanna buy a $50 cable for HD streaming to my TV, and cables such as these will work just fine for me.

Can anyone confirm if these sort of things work or not? Thanks!

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
There is no software support for TV-out at this time. The cable won't do you any good. A few people on XDA are working on a mod to get it working, but nothing yet.

Reactions: eerongal

eerongal

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
There is no software support for TV-out at this time. The cable won't do you any good. A few people on XDA are working on a mod to get it working, but nothing yet.

That's what i figured (i knew TV out with the HDMI cables was a no-go at the moment) but this was the first i heard of TV out through 3.5mm, and didn't know if "not yet" applied or not

Likho

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Sprint turned TV-OUT function off on the Epic 4G.

I talked to the Samsung Rep at CES and they said the micro usb to HDMI does not exist for the Galaxy S Series. Cable was built for a different device.

I wish I could use the TV-OUT function.