Seido Innocell 3300mAh Extended Life Battery

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have experience with this product? I know it's pricey compared to the Chinese batteries on eBay, but I like the design of the replacement backshell a lot better. Between that and the beefy 3300mAh Japanese battery, I'd consider splurging.

dustSJC

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Battery is great, case...not so much.

I purchased the Seidio Battery/Case combo from Amazon since there was word of a poor fit on the back cover when purchased from smaller 3rd parties. I was told that Amazon moves 'enuf volume of goods that the "ill-fitting" back cover would be flushed from inventory by now. Wrong.

I have purchased a number of items directly from Seidio and know some tech folks by name. I called them and they said they'd open a package, check it on an actual Epic 4G phone to be sure it fit.. and send a couple to me to try.

I got one in the mail, it clicks like a castanet! I mean it just seems they tooled the case for a straight edge BUT the Epic 4G has a slight curve to the body on the back and Siedio's case just can't quite keep a grip on the "snap-in" demarkations on the Epic's chasis.

The case they sent me was actually worse, by a bit. But that's as good as a mile.

When all is said and done I must say I love the extra up time this battery allows and I will gladly continue to work with Seidio on this since my overall impression of the company is top notch. They might want to touch up the tool for making this particular case though.

ggoomani

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I actually ordered the generic option from ebay. Paid $33 for 3 Batteries, marked 3500mah but how can we even verify? I was skeptical but it turned out overall a good deal.. The battery life has improved dramatically and for me, could be worth the ugly battery cover. BTW, even though they are generic, and doesn't have Samsung OEM fit.. the battery cover is quite secure with very negligible amount of wiggle/play. Surprised to hear Seidio has trouble with the battery cover. Their cases are usually better than most.

x0mrgrinch0x

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I agree with ggoomani! I paid $18.98 shipped for one of the 3500mah batteries with charger and new cover. I never have my phone die in 1 day now. The back cover fits just fine...

Marshmallow713

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Sadly my cover doesn't fit that well, (i got one of the 2800mah ones) but the battery life I've gotten out of it is well worth the anoyence. I'm considering getting one of the 3500mah or the really nice Seidio one's because I love their cases but I'm not sure if they are worth the price.

Does anyone know where to buy back cases without getting another battery?

Jinded

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Sadly my cover doesn't fit that well, (i got one of the 2800mah ones) but the battery life I've gotten out of it is well worth the anoyence. I'm considering getting one of the 3500mah or the really nice Seidio one's because I love their cases but I'm not sure if they are worth the price.

Does anyone know where to buy back cases without getting another battery?

epic 4g battery back | eBay

Cel

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I bought the Seido one. I like it a lot. Lasts 3 days if I don't ride the phone too hard. Probably the same as the cheaper ones, but I've had good luck with them in the past and do not regret the purchase one bit.

langj

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
battery cover is horrible

I bought the seidio extended battery and the back cover that came with it is horrible and after two months the tab broke. I emailed seidio and that made me pay $18.50 for another cover which I am sure will only last two months. I will look else where next time. I am posting a review with pics in a bit to the forum.

scoob

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Weird that Seido quailty has dropped so much. I remember when they were tops to justify thier price when I had a touch pro and touch pro2.

princealyy

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I have to chime in, the back plate on this thing is no bueno, nor is the battery, the compartment to store the actually battery in the phone is tight fit, and that seams to be where the battery seam is on this thing, and removing the battery once or twice will cause the battery to come apart, my friend and I are having the same problem with the battery itself.

big juice

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I have the extended battery also. Must say its bulky and ugly but lasts me almost 8 hrs of heavy usage vs. Stock battery of 2 1/2 hrs. Back doesn't fit exactly perfect but no worse than the bb battery door on my tour did. The coating will wear off in approx 2 mnths. Same issue I had on my seidio extended batt door on the bb tour. Seems like they need to just use reg paint like samsung did.

hitman6482

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have experience with this product?.

I had the Seidio 3300 and the battery itself is fine, very powerful. I liked the style of the custom back cover, but the fact is it just didn't fit well.

I took a chance and ordered one of those 3500s on eBay. I conditioned it and found that it works well. I also prefer the back cover that came with the eBay battery, as it fits better.

Now, it's not really 3500. Comparing use with my 1500 stock and the 3500 Seidio, it seems like it's a 2400 or so. Good enough, really. There are US suppliers so no long wait. And you can get them for $8-10, including shipping. I got another one and just alternate them, and they work great.

I wouldn't drop $60-80 on a Seidio. New eBay batteries are cheap and delivered in 2-3 days. If I go through 4 of them a year, it will only cost me $32-35 or so. And in a year, I'll be looking for a new phone anyway.

Just one man's opinion.

--
Sent from my Samsung Epic 4G powered by Syndicate ROM Frozen 1.2, via Tapatalk.

jimweda

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have experience with this product? I know it's pricey compared to the Chinese batteries on eBay, but I like the design of the replacement backshell a lot better. Between that and the beefy 3300mAh Japanese battery, I'd consider splurging.

If anyone is looking for a pretty good deal for a great Extended battery that comes with the back cover I can definitely vouch for Gorilla Gadgets 3500mAh one. For $25 with the cover I think its a great deal. I've had it for almost 2 weeks now and its definitely not just some cheap battery. They have great customer service and quick shipping. I also bought their belt clip holster ($10) which I prefer over other phone cases/holder because they put the face towards your body and not facing out so the screen gets nicked up. Here is a link to the battery if anyone is interested. Also, I found out that the belt clip holster also fits the standard battery and cover snug. I actually like this cover over Seidio which is my normal route but I would have paid over $100 for the battery, cover and holster. Gorilla Gadgets doesn't have a picture of the holster but if you go to Seidio's website its the same style as the one you get when you buy one of their hard cover cases and you have to get the combo set for the phone to fit. I put a link to Seidio's belt clip holster so you can see what the Gorilla one would look like. There is one difference that I actually like better on the Gorilla one. (I had the combo from Seidio for my Samsung Instinct and it was great). The clip part that goes to your belt has a "U" shape at the bottom so it actually snags onto your belt so it doesn't slip off which I actually find a great design. Seidio's just had a little lip on it but still a great clip.

Now, I just have to find a great cradle and 2nd batter charger set up. Might have to go back to Seidio. I was hoping to find a side mounting cradle so I can watch/surf in landscape mode while its charging. I have the extended battery so I doubt it would plug in correctly to one made for the stock set up unless it was corded like the one Gorilla Gadgets has. The one they have is not landscape though which is why I am not going with theirs. Here is are links to what I purchased already and the charger set up I'm thinking of getting from Seidio. Any experience with the charger, let me know. Thanks in advance.

Jim

Batter/Cover: Samsung Epic 4G 3500 mAh extended life battery

What Gorilla Gadgets Belt Clip Holster looks like: seidioonline.com

Belt Clip Holster: Samsung Epic 4G Belt Clip

Multi Function Charger: seidioonline.com

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power