Official Car Dock - audio problem

heresy_fnord

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
So I've been really happy with my OEM Samsung car dock except for an audio problem.

No, not an issue with getting the audio to work. Rather it's an issue while not playing music. If the phone is simply plugged in, I get feedback through the speaker system from the engine in the car. Basically the higher the RPM of the engine, the speakers make a whining sound that increases in pitch.

I am using the included power adapter and I wonder if that is the problem. Maybe it's cheaply made and a nicer one would solve the issue? If anyone has any clues to fix this issue, that would be great.

HAAS599

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I get that also. When music is playing and a silent part of a song or video comes on, it is perfectly silent through the speakers. But if I stop playing audio then I get that sound you are describing.

If I am not listening to anything through the phone I just turn down the volume on the car stereo and it goes away.

You could also try unplugging the usb from the dock to kill the sound but turning down the volume or changing to the radio is probably easier.

I have a ground loop isolator installed so that won't eliminate the sound we are talking about but it makes a world of differrence in the clarity when audio is being played.

heresy_fnord

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I get that also. When music is playing and a silent part of a song or video comes on, it is perfectly silent through the speakers. But if I stop playing audio then I get that sound you are describing.

If I am not listening to anything through the phone I just turn down the volume on the car stereo and it goes away.

You could also try unplugging the usb from the dock to kill the sound but turning down the volume or changing to the radio is probably easier.

I have a ground loop isolator installed so that won't eliminate the sound we are talking about but it makes a world of differrence in the clarity when audio is being played.

Yeah, I turn the volume down and that works I guess, I was just hoping for an even lazier way to just have it not do that. :)

If someone comes up with something, let us know please.

Jinded

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I used to have the same thing in my Toyota Corolla, ended up being ground loop noise and that adapter fixed it. Some cars have it worse than others.

Reactions: heresy_fnord

TechnoGeezer

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
audio out of car dock?

I just bought the Samsung car dock & tried to get audio out of the back port without success. What's the secret? The manual says it will work (correctly) with 2.2, which I have (EC05). Is this just another example of false promises or am I missing something. Phone shows car dock app running.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs