[MOD][THEME] Custom Themed Dialer Pads

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
[INFO]
Custom Themed Dialers

I've been working on some custom themed dialers on the side just to take a small break away from constantly working on the Gears of War and Halo theme with my partner ZiggSEvo. Were still working on theme but I find this just a much needed break from working on the same project constantly.. I will add more as requests come in.... This thread may also feature work from Zigg if he has dialers he would like to display or any requests he fills.

- With this new method I can push out dialers fast, takes about 5-10 mins per dialer now.

- If you provide an image it would make things faster or I can grab the best I can find from a Google search. Try and make provided images larger than 480 x 454 pixel.

- I do this all as a free gesture to the community. I'm a stay at home dad of 5 children (3 girls, 2 boys). Not by choice but due to the economy, thank god for my wife being a nurse and being able to keep things a float. Normally I would be out in the dirt running a bulldozer or other heavy equipment instead I'm here playing with my awesome Epic 4g !

- I cannot promise I will do every request. ( I have other roles to cover, besides dad and themer I'm also your friendly AC Adviser :) )

Flash any of these on Froyo EB13/EC05 and some are for Gingerbread EF02/EG22 if stated.. No wipe required. This will only change the dialer and nothing else in your current theme.\

[TIP]Those interested in returning to a STOCK dialer you can flash this in CWM. Stock Dialer Restore[/TIP]

Carolina Panthers 1

snap20110807_164940.png

Download Link: Carolina Panthers 1

Carolina Panthers 2

snap20110807_165438.png

Download Link: Carolina Panthers 2

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

snap20110804_110843.png

Download Link: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

NY Giants & Jets Combined

snap20110802_152220.png

Download Link: NY Giants & Jets

Steelers

snap20110730_112136.png

Download Link: Steelers

Steelers 2

snap20110730_111342.png

Download Link: Steelers 2

Journey (Custom)

snap20110730_110840.png

Download Link: Journey

Gingerbread (Gingerbread EG22 ONLY!)

snap20110724_200442.png

Download Link: Gingerbread (Gingerbread EG22 ONLY)

Dallas Cowboys

snap20110723_175059.png

Download Link: Dallas Cowboys

Chicago Blackhawks

snap20110723_000237.png

Download Link: Chicago Blackhawks

Houston Texans

snap20110721_133852.png

Download Link: Houston Texans

USC Trojans

snap20110721_134036.png

Download Link: USC Trojans

Custom Cobra

snap20110720_083433.png

Download Link: Custom Cobra

Custom Patriots

snap20110720_083538.png

Download Link: Custom Patriots

Penn State Lions

snap20110720_080950.png

Download Link: Penn State Lions

NY Giants

snap20110720_012928.png

Download Link: NY Giants

St Louis Cardinals

snap20110720_013241.png

Download Link: St Louis Cardinals

Android Central's Lloyd !

snap20110714_173831.png

Download Link: Android Central Lloyd

Detriot Redwings

snap20110714_103825.png

Download Link: Detriot Redwings

Miami Dolphins

snap20110714_104030.png

Download Link: Miami Dolphins

NY Jets

snap20110714_104537.png

Download Link: NY Jets

Oakland Raiders

snap20110714_104756.png

Download Link: Oakland Raiders

Red Sox

snap20110714_105029.png

Download Link: Red Sox

Denver Broncos

snap20110713_145703.png

Download Link: Denver Broncos

Ford Mustang Shelby

snap20110713_102338.png

Download Link: Ford Mustang Shelby Dialer

[CUSTOM] Empire Dialer

snap20110713_093403.png

Download Link: Empire Dialer

Balitmore Ravens

snap20110713_093623.png

Download Link: Baltimore Ravens

Baltimore Orioles

snap20110713_093057.png

Download Link : Baltimore Orioles Dialer

San Diego Chargers[/B]

snap20110712_165412.png

Download Link: San Diego Chargers

Seattle Seahawks

snap20110712_144030.png

Download Link: Seattle Seahawks Dialer

San Francisco 49ers

snap20110712_132632.png

Download Link: San Fransisco 49ers Dialer

New York Mets

snap20110712_082947.png

Download Link: New York Mets

Chicago Bears

snap20110712_021951.png

Download Link: Chicago Bears Dialer

Detriot Lions

snap20110711_210612.png

Download Link : Detriot Lions Dialer

Green Bay Packers

snap20110710_191433.png

Download Link : Packers Themed Dialer

Philadelphia Eagles

snap20110710_125218.png

Download Link: Eagles Themed Dialer

[WARN]Please keep your requests within reason, and I can't promise that I can do everything requested. Project time to complete a dialer is about an hour.[/WARN]
[/INFO]

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: [MOD][THEME][FROYO] Custom Themed Dialer Pads

*** I will add more requests to the list once I complete the requests below ***

:: List of completed dialers ::

Custom Cobra
Custom Patriots
Penn State Lions
NY Giants
St. Louis Cardinals
Detriot Redwings
Miami Dolphins
NY Jets
Oakland Raiders
Red Sox
Denver Broncos
Ford Mustang Shelby
Custom (Empir3)
Baltimore Orioles
Balitimore Ravens
San Diego Chargers
Seattle Seahawks
San Fransisco 49ers
Chicago Bears
New York Mets
Detriot Lions
Green Bay Packers
Philadelphia Eagles

:: Dialers on the list ::

St. Louis Cardinals
Redwings
Buccaneers
NY Giants
Red Sox
Patriots
Jets
Oakland Raiders

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

[INFO]
Custom Dialer Tutorial

Okay first bare with me here and I will do the best I can to get you from start to finish on doing the custom dialers that I've been producing. I will show you how to do the easy method which I have done most of here, the more advanced method which I started with and Zigg did for our Gears of War/Halo themes I will not be showing due to the complexity of those. Zigg does have a request thread going for those, if interested you can hit him up. Before I forget the original design goes to ZiggSevo and I took it a step further an came up with this "easy" method to make mass producing these dialers fast and easy.

1. Grab your favorite editor like Paint Shop Pro or Gimp (Free just Google it).

2. Next you need to have a few things...

- DialerTabActivity.apk (pull this from your /system/app/ directory or from the same location in a stock version of deoxdexed Froyo)
- Image you wish to use. Look for images that are 800 x 600 or bigger, these reduce/resize very nice.
- WinRAR or 7zip (for pulling and placing pngs in the DialerTabActivity.apk)
- Optional blank flashable zip to flash your dialer or you can push it manually using Root Explorer or ES File Explorer, etc..
- Some basic skills in these programs. I will not go into great detail on how to color or add borders to the buttons in these programs because I'm not the best of teachers and there are many different ways you can accomplish this. A little messing around and you should be able to figure it out, its very basic skills needed to do this..

Alright once you have all the above in order you need to pull the following files from the " DialerTabActivity.apk/res/drawable-hdpi/ "

call_dial_btn_normal.png (This is the stock GREY dialer button background. Controls numbers 0-9 and *, # and backspace key.)
call_dial_btn01_normal.png (This is the stock GREEN dialer button that controls the Phone key)
call_dial_btn03_normal.png (This is the stock ORANGE dialer button that controls the Message key)
call_dial_panel_bg_01.png (This is the background behind the stock dialer keys that gives you the black grid lines on a stock dialer)

Okay now pull all those files using 7zip or WinRAR and place them in a folder so you have them all in one place.

Next find your image on the internet, then open up Paint Shop or Gimp, etc and look under Image or similar for RESIZE or SCALE. Your looking to reduce/resize the image dimensions. They need to be reduce to 480 X 454 pixels and make sure you have the LOCK ASPECT RATIO "unchecked". This will give you the exact dimensions you need for the image on your phone dialer.

Now save that image in the same folder as you put the files you pulled from the DialerTabActivity.apk. Save the resized image as call_dial_panel_bg_01.png

Next onto the buttons.... You can open up any of those buttons you pulled from the DialerTabActivity.apk and look at them so you can see what they look like or whatever. We won't be using them but I had you pull them so you know which images you will be working with and replacing.

Okay so you've looked at the buttons great.. Stock ugly grey buttons haha.. Now to the fun part you want to create a new image. Do this by going to FILE and select NEW image. You want your image to be 148 x 82 pixels and you give it a transparent background. Most programs even offer the option to create a BUTTON or have a button maker, you can use this option to create one using the same 148 x 82 dimensions with a transparent background and give it a border so it outlines the button. [WARN]Regardless of what you do you need the button to be TRANSPARENT so your call_dial_panel_bg_01.png shows threw the buttons.
[/WARN]
Okay so if you took the route of using the optional button maker then ignore the following.

If you made an image from scratch then you now have a 148 x 82 pixel transparent image. You will need to add a small border to the button if you want your buttons or keys to be defined or you could leave them without edges for a complete transparent look. I will not go into detail how to do this because I'm not a great teacher in this area and there are many different ways you can go about creating a border over a transparent image.

Okay so now you have you button or key how you like it and ready to save it. Save the file as call_dial_btn_normal.png

Now you need to make a few copies of that button you just saved to replace the ones you pulled from the DialerTabActivity.apk. You will need 3 copies total

Name them the following.

call_dial_btn_normal.png
call_dial_btn01_normal.png
call_dial_btn03_normal.png

Now its time to put everything together and place it all in your DialerTabActivity.apk.

Take the 3 button images you just made and named as I stated above, and also the call_dial_panel_bg_01.png (your resized image) and place them all back in " DialerTabActivity.apk/res/drawable-hdpi/ " and close it up.

Push it directly to your device or use the included flashable, and put them in the " system/app/ " directory of the flash zip I provided.

That's it your done and if all was done correctly you should have your very own custom dialer pad.

If anyone has any questions I will do the best I can to answer them. I can't promise that I can aid you in working with the transparent image and borders because there is different ways to do it and each graphics application is a bit different in tools/locations/names.

I hope I was able to get you through the hoops of performing this and enjoying doing a bit of customizing on your own. I will still be here to take requests and answer questions and please feel free to hit the Thanks button or leave a comment or whatever if this worked out for you.

Paul.[/INFO]

Last edited:

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site

I think I just threw up in my mouth seeing those two dialers. Just kidding! But seriously I hate those teams but the dialers look good.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Just did those off requests I received. I'm personally not a big sports fan, mainly watch big playoff games thats about it.

Glad you like the work. Don't pass judgment to hard on the Packers dialer, I wouldn't use an image again that has circles and other objects to stay in alignment because of they way the dialer displays them a bit exploded outward it throws it off.. It still came out good though.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Chicago Bears Dialer up... I had to do this one for my home town...

Reactions: skyward

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Added a few more dialers....

Custom- Empire Dialer

Baltimore Orioles

Baltimore Ravens

Enjoy!

hevenz1

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site

WOW!! Ok im not trying to be selfish but can i request 2 pretty pretty plz??!!
Can you do a denver Broncos one and one with the Mitusubisi 3 trinagle emblem?!

thanks in advance!!

Nick

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

WOW!! Ok im not trying to be selfish but can i request 2 pretty pretty plz??!!
Can you do a denver Broncos one and one with the Mitusubisi 3 trinagle emblem?!

thanks in advance!!

Nick
Bronco's no prob.. I'll put it on the list.. The Mitsubishi one.. Please find me a picture you would like me to use little bigger than 480 x 454 pixel ... A 600 x 800 or bigger would be excellent to resize.. You could post the pic here.

Reactions: hevenz1

btc0526

I wish I worked at google
May 25, 2011
Visit site

Do you think you could do a nice miami dolphins one? Sorry I couldn't provide a picture idk how to

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site

Can you do an Oakland Raiders one, but use the shield only if you can, meaning the actual logo. Not the helmet with the logo or anything like that.... PLEASE! LoL:cool:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois