SRF 1.2 hicups

led4lyf

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I rooted and flashed my phone with SRF 1.2 and the genocide 1.1 kernal. For the most part I am happy with it. There are a few weird things happening and I wanted to see if any one would have any advice on how to cure these issues.

The most anoying one is is when I either try to use the browser or if someome is calling me. The phone just acts really stupid, when I get a call it comes up normal but there is no ringer. It vibrates still but that is it. When I go to pick up it makes the connection but no one can here me speak. Then when I end the call it is really laggy and goes blank. I have to take the battery out so it will reboot.

When I try the browser I just get a black screen. I can back out and try to load the browser again bit ot does the same thing. I have to restart to fix this problem.

Anyone have any ideas? I would really appreciate some feedback.

led4lyf

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I followed the directions exactly. Wiped 3 times each. The only difference is when qbking boots up his epic he has a different genocide screen than I do. I probably have a newer kernal. I also have the gears of war theme. Could that be cau sing it?

If I do decide to reflash. I have never done that. I have the rom,kernal and theme still on my memory card along with the clockwork file and the purple upgrade file.

How do I reflash it? Make a backup in clockwork, then just do the same thing over? Do I have to wipe any cash before I flash.

This is very confusing

nickel3956

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I pretty much have the same setup (SRF 1.2, Genocide 2) and I haven't noticed any of those problems. I have, however, been getting an error that says "The application Browser has stopped unexpectedly" whenever I try to save a picture.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
So what do I do if I want to reflash everything? Will the theme screw anything up?
You can go into CWM and wipe everything 3 x.. Data/Cache Partition/Dalvik Cache.

Then flash SRF and boot up, make sure things are working good for a few minutes and then shutdown. Reboot into CWM wipe cache/dalvik cache 3x and flash the theme.

GOW has been test heavily on Bonsai and I know has ran sucessfully on other ROMs, so I really doubt anything we have done with the theme is causing your phone issues and lag. We have used the same apps and other things that SRF, Bonsai and others are using so it should all " gel " together well.

Please feel free to post back your results.

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
You know, I had more problems than I was expecting with SRF 1.2 as well. This was after I installed Vision then Genocide 1.1. So, I went back to Twilight 1.1.1 kernel and things got better. I subsequently flashed Genocide 2.0 and strangely, things are a lot better. I had great battery life today -- listened to Google music for about 10 hours straight while at work (and getting email/SMS) and when I hit the car about 6pm for the drive home, had about 35% battery left.

I still have the generic icons problem.

I'm starting to think that I have a subpar 32GB micro SD card, because randomly, all the icons will get restored.

Oh well, waiting for either SRF 1.3 or GB.

led4lyf

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I still need to know the steps to reflash. Because srf does not have a kernal do I need to flash that right after the rom? This is so confusing.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I still need to know the steps to reflash. Because srf does not have a kernal do I need to flash that right after the rom? This is so confusing.

Yes first make backups if necessary with Titanium Backup or MyBackup Root of your important items.

Then boot into CWM and wipe data/cache/dalvik cache 3x.

Then flash SRF and immediately after done flashing SRF then flash the kernel (no wipe required when flashing the kernel)

Then reboot the system and you should be good to go.

led4lyf

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I have had some weird issues with srf 1.2. I want to reflash but I am unsure how. Srf does not have a built in kernal so I have the genocide kernal on my sd card. So what would be the proper steps on how to reflash. I have both the rom and kernal zip files on my sd card.

Is there any way to save my contacts so I don't have to enter all them in again?

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I have had some weird issues with srf 1.2. I want to reflash but I am unsure how. Srf does not have a built in kernal so I have the genocide kernal on my sd card. So what would be the proper steps on how to reflash. I have both the rom and kernal zip files on my sd card.

Is there any way to save my contacts so I don't have to enter all them in again?

Read post #10 for the how to flash and rom - if your contacts are in gmail, you simply log in and they will sync automatically, no need to re-enter your contacts manually

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tgksnow