[INDEX][EG22] Gingerbread EG22 Leak ROMs/Themes/Misc.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
[NOTE]

GINGERBREAD " Leak" EG22
snap20110724_212519.png

(Note: Battery Meter/Mod is not stock)

In usual tradition I will try my best to keep up with this thread. It will have whatever available ROMs/Odin Packages/Themes/Misc. stuff pertaining to Gingerbread EG22 leak.

All links provided here lead to the main threads and I nor Android Central claim no credit to any of these unless it is something I did. Thanks again to all our great devs and users in the Epic community.
[/NOTE]

[INFO]
ROM/Odin: [Odin] Original Leak Thread for EG22 (Stock download from Samfirmware.com thread)
Credit: theduce102

ROM/Odin: [Odin]Stock EG22 Deodexed with CWM 3.1.0.1/Root/Busybox 1.18.4
Credit: crawrj

ROM/CWM: [ROM] Stock/Deodexed update.zip for EG22 (CWM Flashable w/ root)
Credit: Decad3nce

ROM/Odin: [Odin]Stock EG22 with CWM 3.1.0.1/Root/Busybox 1.18.4

Theme/Mod: [MOD][THEME][EG22][GINGERBREAD] Stock Theme with Battery Mod
Credit: Paul627g

Theme/Mod: [EG22] Logs Provider Fix
Credit: Tortel1210

Kernel: [ACS][KERNEL]EG22Plus Rooted Ext4 Tweaked Superuser.apk Su Busybox
Credit: chris41g

Theme/Mod: [EG22] 1% Battery and Crt Off Mod
Credit: Tortel1210

Theme/Mod: [mod][port]EF02_new themed_8_lockscreens & StatusBar[mod][Maddoggin][UPDATE 7/26/11]] (Updated to support EG22)
Credit: mad doggin

Theme/Mod: [ACS] [MOD] CRT Screen Off Animation and Overscroll Glow On EG22 12 Colors!7/27
Credit: qbking77/ACS

Theme/Mod: (Port)[MOD]Animated Pulldown[MOD]Maddoggin(Port)[UPDATED 07/28/11][EF02&EG22-ONLY] (Updated to support EG22)
Credit: mad doggin

ROM/CWM: SuperHijacked Rom EG22 Deodexed,lightened and Themed (EXT4 !)
Credit: lviv73

ROM/CWM: [ROM] RandomROM 2.3 TEST [Journaled] EG22 | 7/28
Credit: RandomKing

ROM: [ERA] EpicuReAn SCrAMbLED EGgs22 v7 w/ EG22 PLUS KERNEL 8/9/2011
Credit: ERA

ROM/CWM: [ROM][ACS] Go Green 8/3
Credit: ACS/Jez2cool

MOD/CWM: [FIX][CWM]Rotation lag fix for stock EG22

[/INFO]

Last edited:

Atomic Playboy

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for this.

EDIT:

Installed, flashed the new modem.bin, restored from CWM backup, so far it's working beautifully. I haven't noticed any practical performance boost yet, but the numbers from Linpack, Quadrant and Neocore are pretty decent.

Linpack: 14.5Mflops (EDIT: subsequent runs show 16.5+ Mflops)
Quadrant: 1496
Neocore: 54 fps

This is a slight boost from EF02 with the EF10 modem, though I forget what the stats there said. To note, I am NOT on ext4, but my data card is a class 10 SDHC 32GB. I don't know how much that affects performance, but it sure affects file transfers over USB. I flashed the deodexed ROM with CWM 3.1.0.1 purple and the modem.bin with Odin. I haven't had a chance to test GPS yet; the GPS driver kept locking up on EF02 and I had to hard-reset the phone to bring it back. Hopefully that won't be an issue here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rdjinc

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Can you explain the differences in the links? (What each does or doesn't do).. thanks,

If you click on the links they will send you to the OP for each thread.

Basically you have 4 actual ROM links up there and the others are mods and a kernel.
The ROMs are offered using either Odin or CWM to flash the leaked ROM. Then you have your choice of getting it in either deodexed or odexed versions.

Any further questions just ask.

tomy2001

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I have been running this leak(EG22) since it came out. I do not have any complian. I have not found any issue.
The EE03 is a good leak but is not stable. The modem on EG22 does not crash at all. This was the main issue I found on EE03, EF02, Ef10. I believe Sprint has a winner!!!

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Also the updated wireless hotspot for this leak works awesome! 4G tether is working!! Not sure if it's ok to post link or not, but I thought I'll mention it works great...

curtis33

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed a significant speed increase. There is very little lag and operation seems much smoother. My phone has turned off for no reason and google nav does not lock on easily.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
The little issues everyone is having here and there seem to be so minor at this point. Everyone needs to remember this is still a leaked build. So it does still have some debugging code left in it which slows things down and causes conflicts. Plus the final version once packaged usually cleans up the last of the little bugs, but I think Sammy has really done a great job on this latest leak. Whatever little remaining bugs like rotation lag or keyboard lag will be cleaned up almost instantly once the kernel devs get their hands on the official source code.

I actually can't wait to flash back to it and get off EC05, but I end up going back due to my themes and other things requiring EC05.

sylvio13

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Everything seems pretty nice except scrolling in the browser is choppy. Might just be an isolated issue for me though. Battery is ok for a stock rom.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Choppy browser scrolling is one of the bugs being mentioned. A fair share of users install a different browser anyways so it hasn't been a very big issue but its still a valid complaint.

Giblet

May 15, 2010
Visit site
It is not possible to turn off the shutter sound in this version. I'll have to see if I can locate the file and change it to a blank audio file