[INDEX][EG22] Gingerbread EG22 Leak ROMs/Themes/Misc.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Instructions on how to put this root on my epic

[Odin]Stock EG22 Deodexed with CWM 3.1.0.1/Root/Busybox 1.18.4

is this a good root and what does it give me????

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Instructions on how to put this root on my epic

is this a good root and what does it give me????

This is the latest Gingerbread leak build we have to play with. It is very stable, has very little bugs in it. We are expecting probably one more leaked build possibly before official comes out later this month as rumored.

It will give you a stock Gingerbread OS, rooted (Superuser access) and CWM (ClockworkMod) installed. You will be able to do as you please, flash themes, remove bloatware, etc.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes follow the instructions, the one you mentioned above uses Odin to flash it. Its an all in one package, it will install Gingerbread & root your device all in one package.

Notice it says "Odin" in the beginning meaning this uses/requires Odin to flash.

Last edited:

tomy2001

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
@Greenfairy4206

Are you new rooting your phone? Or new with android? That is ok. if you need help only ask.

By the way, I love Gingerbread EG22 leak. It is very stable.

deligator

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I had some bad results with GPS losing all signal and random reboots... but that was only after running this for about a week with heavy use. For the first week the thing was solid.... as time went on it got worse and worse though. Again once the Dev's get their hands on this code it should be quite strong. (or maybe sammy will fix it themselves

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
i am new to rooting my phone and what to do it with out messing it up. but android I know allot about.you could help me on how to s I would really appreciate it.

cerobles1

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone been able to get Galaxy Tuner to work on 2.3.4? That's the only reason why I'm sticking to SFR 1.2 It would be great if we could get this running. Anyone?

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for this.

EDIT:

Installed, flashed the new modem.bin, restored from CWM backup, so far it's working beautifully. I haven't noticed any practical performance boost yet, but the numbers from Linpack, Quadrant and Neocore are pretty decent.

Linpack: 14.5Mflops (EDIT: subsequent runs show 16.5+ Mflops)
Quadrant: 1496
Neocore: 54 fps

This is a slight boost from EF02 with the EF10 modem, though I forget what the stats there said. To note, I am NOT on ext4, but my data card is a class 10 SDHC 32GB. I don't know how much that affects performance, but it sure affects file transfers over USB. I flashed the deodexed ROM with CWM 3.1.0.1 purple and the modem.bin with Odin. I haven't had a chance to test GPS yet; the GPS driver kept locking up on EF02 and I had to hard-reset the phone to bring it back. Hopefully that won't be an issue here.

Not really sure what all those scores mean(noobie here lol) but i ran all three on my Epic and got these.

Linpack: 1st run:16.5Mflops 2nd run: 17.9
Quadrant: 1331 high, avg 1150
Neocore: 53.7 fps
My phone is Non-Rooted, i think that makes it slower right? Also running Gingerbread 2.3.3 :)

Last edited:

eharty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I have been running the stock rooted EG22 leak since it came out and it has been, for the most part, pretty stable. The last couple of days, however, I seem to be getting FC's on a number of both system and 3rd party apps. It seems odd that EG22 would work well for several weeks and then start having problems. Anyone else experience this?

I sure wish Samsung/Spring would get their act together and release GB already!

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I have been running the stock rooted EG22 leak since it came out and it has been, for the most part, pretty stable. The last couple of days, however, I seem to be getting FC's on a number of both system and 3rd party apps. It seems odd that EG22 would work well for several weeks and then start having problems. Anyone else experience this?

I sure wish Samsung/Spring would get their act together and release GB already!

Yeah, that just started happening to me today. The phone would just freeze when using apps but the screen was still 'animated' (charging icon was still moving and gps was blinking)

g24cjm

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
My main issue with this leak is when I go to access my keyboard the phone just powers off. ..it's been a big enough of a pain that I'm downgrading. As others have mentioned, it ran fine the first week or so :'( Maybe I'll try a re install first

xxnitsuaxx

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I just updated my Epic to Gingerbread (I think it was on Eclair 2.1) and since I did my airplane mode keeps toggling on and off. I can't make calls, etc. Any suggestions or should I just restore it?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I just updated my Epic to Gingerbread (I think it was on Eclair 2.1) and since I did my airplane mode keeps toggling on and off. I can't make calls, etc. Any suggestions or should I just restore it?

Sounds like you had a bad flash to Gingerbread, something didn't take correctly.

You could either attempt to flash it again or use Odin to restore back to either Eclair 2.1(procedure #3) or to Froyo EC05 (procedure #1) from the link below.

[How to] Factory Restore (or Fix a Bricked Phone)

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you had a bad flash to Gingerbread, something didn't take correctly.

You could either attempt to flash it again or use Odin to restore back to either Eclair 2.1(procedure #3) or to Froyo EC05 (procedure #1) from the link below.

[How to] Factory Restore (or Fix a Bricked Phone)

Isn't it a good idea to wipe your phone down every once in a while so the ROM is like new again? That's what my cousin tells me to do but I never do it.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Isn't it a good idea to wipe your phone down every once in a while so the ROM is like new again? That's what my cousin tells me to do but I never do it.

I guess this could be good practice but if your device is running fine on a certain ROM then why mess with it.

But like I said it isn't going to hurt.

LASuxs

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm running on EC05, i'd like to know what are the new features on these GB leaks? I see there's still som kinks with these leaks, but like to know if they're worth the risk. Like what's new

Last edited:

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm running on EC05, i'd like to know what are the new features on these GB leaks? I see there's still som kinks with these leaks, but like to know if they're worth the risk. Like what's new

Honestly, it is a leak and as you can see there a few issues with it. Weird thing is, the issues affect some and not always everyone. They aren't really worth the risk in my opinion. If your phone is very important to you and your daily routine then probably not a good idea. But if you can deal with the troubleshooting and love to be on the bleeding edge of software then it is a fun adventure.

As for differences between leaks you probably won't even notice to much. I have ran most of the leaks and the biggest difference is each newer leak has become more stable and has less lag.

As for features of GB; the best part is access to newest apps; ie Netflix, HBO and some games. There are some slight UI changes but nothing to groundbreaking.