EG22 Roaming Options grayed out?

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Stock/Rooted EG22 GB Leak. (Odin'd the EG22 .tar, Odin'd cwm3.1.0.1.tar, installed su.zip)

Settings -> wireless and network -> Roaming.
Under the "roaming settings" and "roaming guard", I cannot change any of the options. I prefer to have the phone just disable data while roaming, but NOT warn me when in this state. I also do not want it to "guard" against roaming calls. I want to uncheck the roaming guards, and disable domestic data roaming. This is the first build that I've seen that does not allow me to change any of these settings. Is there a known workaround for this?

Roaming settings are locked in as follows:
Domestic
Voice [x]
Data [x]
International
Voice [x]
Data [x]

Roaming Guard are locked in as follows:
Domestic
Voice [x]
Data [ ]
International
Voice [x]
Data [x]

====================
How _I_ want them set:
Roaming settings are locked in as follows:
Domestic
Voice [x]
Data [ ]
International
Voice [ ]
Data [ ]

Roaming Guard are locked in as follows:
Domestic
Voice [ ]
Data [ ]
International
Voice [x]
Data [x]

tomy2001

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded this leak EG22 and I did not have any problem changing the option that you are talking about. I use Roam Control all the time, so I had to change the roam option. Try to download this:

[ROM] Stock/Deodexed update.zip for EG22 (CWM Flashable w/ root) - xda-developers
This link is from Paul's EG22 roms, themes and Mods. Good luck!!!!:D

PS: You must have the latest CWM I think is the purple cmw. Do not flash it. Make sure you have this cwm.

Last edited:
Reactions: ratsttam

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded this leak EG22 and I did not have any problem changing the option that you are talking about. I use Roam Control all the time, so I had to change the roam option. Try to download this:

[ROM] Stock/Deodexed update.zip for EG22 (CWM Flashable w/ root) - xda-developers
This link is from Paul's EG22 roms, themes and Mods. Good luck!!!!:D

PS: You must have the latest CWM I think is the purple cmw. Do not flash it. Make sure you have this cwm.

So using ODIN to put the EG22 leak (I got it directly from samfirmware.com), and using the tar version of CWM purple to gain cw recovery is the root of my issue? I'll give that update.zip a shot tomorrow and post back with the results.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
So using ODIN to put the EG22 leak (I got it directly from samfirmware.com), and using the tar version of CWM purple to gain cw recovery is the root of my issue? I'll give that update.zip a shot tomorrow and post back with the results.
Best thing to do since your running the stock unrooted leak is to use the following link and use that Odin package. It will be deodexed, install CWM and be rooted. Basically the same version as tomy suggested just this one is an Odin package to make it more convenient for you so you don't have to root your current setup and install CWM, etc. etc..

[Odin]Stock EG22 Deodexed with CWM 3.1.0.1/Root/Busybox 1.18.4

striker1211

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to Chime In and say I am on EI22 using roam control and had the same problem. To fix it i had to RoamControl back to Automatic, go to the "roaming mode" and select Automatic, then I could change the other settings. Then I RoamControl'ed back to roaming and it saved my settings.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to Chime In and say I am on EI22 using roam control and had the same problem. To fix it i had to RoamControl back to Automatic, go to the "roaming mode" and select Automatic, then I could change the other settings. Then I RoamControl'ed back to roaming and it saved my settings.

That's the same as mine and was the same with my froyo before.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech