Anybody know how to trick the market from updating?

LASuxs

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way i can make it so that the android market doesnt update itself every time? Like in the manifest of the older version i had, is there anything in there i can change so that it thinks its already the updated version?

New market seems to run more stuff and just looks horrible, besides was using a custom market which was far better. And it keeps automatically updating gmail for me which i also dont want the new version of. Thanks in advance

cerobles1

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I found a temporary fix for this and here it is. Go to setting, applications, manage applications, and find "market" click on it, and then click on "Force stop" and Uninstall updates" and click ok. This will obviously unistall the newest updates to the market leaving the application the way it was before it updated to the new market.
Next time you try to open the market it'll make you accept the rules for the market and it'll try to update itself. but in my case it reverts back to version without the books and videos, so I'm not sure if it'll update again in the future and the new market be pushed to your phone. Again this is just a temporary fix.

I forgot to mention I froze an app called "Market updater 1.0" using Titanium backup Pro and I'm currently running EG22. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: LASuxs

LASuxs

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
So far its doing the job. Thanks a lot man

But i used autostarts to disable the updater, and i'm on EC05 or EB13, i forget. but it still works

Last edited: