[ROM][ODIN] Gingerbread "Leaked" EH06 v2.3.4 Now Available!

arauman

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Need help please! Downloaded the E06 file, put my phone in download mode, started odin, loaded tar file in PDA slot, clicked start...got a failed message. Phone is now bricked. I pulled out the battery, waited got the battery to recharge and i can get back into download mode but it keeps failing. I have downloaded a different tar file but same message.

arauman

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Need help please! Downloaded the E06 file, put my phone in download mode, started odin, loaded tar file in PDA slot, clicked start...got a failed message. Phone is now bricked. I pulled out the battery, waited got the battery to recharge and i can get back into download mode but it keeps failing. I have downloaded a different tar file but same message.

xda forum helped...Gingerbread works great.

b8ascrub

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I just installed this from EG22 and have not had any problems with the GPS locking. Actually the map appears to be better quality now. I did read that you should pull your SD card before running this ROM. I know some phones take a couple of tries to clear up the bugs. I would reflash again if you are not getting a GPS lock. I got my EH06 files from News - www.SamFirmware.com Create an account, go to mobile, then search for the sprint epic by model.

I will check back tomorrow with some updates. I am now restoring all my apps and will run some tests tonight and again in the morning.

:D

Reactions: sonarchist

recithree

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
something i like about this one.on all the gingerbread leaks up to now the market would not list a banking app i use(bb&t).now it does.

dragonol2

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Where do we go to discuss issues / bugs with EH06? Is there another thread or sticky? I don't want to post problems in the wrong place

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
You may post bugs or discuss issues here in this thread or you can start a new thread and normally users will catch on .

Ostrich69

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Has any one noticed if the modem is better I am running SRF1.2 with the ec05 modem are the gingerbread modems compatible with what I am running

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Has any one noticed if the modem is better I am running SRF1.2 with the ec05 modem are the gingerbread modems compatible with what I am running

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

You can run any modem with any rom. As for the GB modems being better, that is debatable. I have read about better download/upload speeds but that comes at the cost of stability.

dskakie

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
Please excuse the newb question but this is my first attempt at a leaked build.. I watched the entire video but noticed he went from stock froyo directly to this..if I follow all the steps in the thread/video through Odin, will my txts/apps/pics be wiped if they're on the phone itself and not the SD card? I'd like to go to GB but if I have to move around all my files I'd like to know before I try anything. Thanks for any input.

eharty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I am running stock EH06 rooted and at first I thought the modem was better due to faster 3G speeds. After a few hours it started trying to roam in places I never had signal problems before. I'm now getting lots of random reboots. It's back to EG22 which was pretty stable.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Please excuse the newb question but this is my first attempt at a leaked build.. I watched the entire video but noticed he went from stock froyo directly to this..if I follow all the steps in the thread/video through Odin, will my txts/apps/pics be wiped if they're on the phone itself and not the SD card? I'd like to go to GB but if I have to move around all my files I'd like to know before I try anything. Thanks for any input.

You will lose everything except what is on the SD card. If you are rooted just use mybackup root or Titanium backup and back that stuff up, they both back up to the SD card. Then after flashing via odin just restore your apps/data.

kellymae3

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Help....download stops here! I can not start my phone

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> SPH-D700-EF02-8Gb-REL.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> Sbl.bin

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Help....download stops here! I can not start my phone

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> SPH-D700-EF02-8Gb-REL.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> Sbl.bin

Pull your battery and leave it out.

Then connect up via USB cable and boot into Download mode with your battery still out of your device. Odin should see your device and then run the package again.

kellymae3

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
It continues to stop in the same place. With the battery, without the battery...with the SD card, without! I even went and tried one last updates (obtained from you all) and Odin stops at the same spot! Does that help?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
At this point I would recommend trying to return to Froyo and get your device functioning again. I would recommend using the following link, procedure #2. This will give you official Froyo EB13. Once completed usually within 10 minutes or so of booting up you will receive the OTA update to official Froyo EC05. We get you to this point and we can worry about going further.

[How to] Factory Restore (or Fix a Bricked Phone)

The reason I recommend EB13 Froyo over the EC05 Restore version is it has a better success rate in these situations.