logic behind reboots

kedzzoo

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
do they happen over time, by apps, or pretty much a random encounter? mine ran all day until finishing gun bros. I installed ttorrent a fair while before but i don't necessarily think it's that. is having the screen off a big activator? seems like every time my phone is idle it reboots at some point. am i thinking about this the wrong way? I reflashed and reinstalled apps fresh that were on the phone while it was stable for the time being.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Random reboots are not normal - it means something is going wrong. Do you have an custom kernel with overlock or undervolt?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
according to your profile you show your running the leaked gingerbread. This is a known side effect/bug of the leaks so far. Its not the fault of the user or anything you did.

kedzzoo

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
also what i've been seeing in different kernels/ROMs (including this one) is when it reboots the battery gauge is out of wack. about 1 out of 5 reboots my battery drops between 30-50%. There's been a few times I called it's bluff and it ran on 0% for quite some time, while others I wouldn't hesitate to switch batteries. is it actually killing the battery off or is the calibration off in that particular instance?

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
also what i've been seeing in different kernels/ROMs (including this one) is when it reboots the battery gauge is out of wack. about 1 out of 5 reboots my battery drops between 30-50%. There's been a few times I called it's bluff and it ran on 0% for quite some time, while others I wouldn't hesitate to switch batteries. is it actually killing the battery off or is the calibration off in that particular instance?

I think it's that the calibration is off. You will only probably drop a percentage or two due to the fact that rebooting takes a lot energy to do. That's why you don't turn off/on your phone when you do something.

agentcelsius

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
i've had the same issues including the battery indication dramatically reduced after reboot. i was running ec05 ace rom 2.0 w/ twilight zone v1.1.0 kernel, overclocking with cputuner - very conservative settings. but i've always had random reboots, lately the reboots have been more frequent and had complete data loss after reboot several times. so i just updated olympus rom eh06. so far so good.

Robbie Doo

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I believe there's a compatibility issue with the modem. All the roms have this occasional reboots until the completed gb version comes out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech