I think I did something stupid now phone wont start. Pls Help!

Danger_Mouse#AC

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys, I tried to put a mod on my phone that is on stock rom and messed it up. Anyway I used CWM 3.1 to apply zip at start up and now after it shows the Galaxy S logo keeps vibrating intermittently and won't start up. I was running ed05 so I tried to flash and restore to ec05 using odin and it didn't do anything. I also tried to do a wipe data/factory reset on CWM but that doesn't work either. Any ideas at to how I can fix this? Any help would be appreciated!

theBIG

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: I think I did something stupid now phone wont start. Pls Help

Try doing the factory restore with odin except this time around grab the procedure #2 for Froyo EB13.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ep...68-how-factory-restore-fix-bricked-phone.html

Once completed you can wait and allow the OTA update to get back on Froyo EC05.

Hi Paul627g,

I noticed you recommended EB13 in another thread as well. Is there a reason EB13 is preferred rather than using Odin to go straight to EC05? Just trying to learn... I'm new to the Epic 4G, and did an Odin restore after my SFR flash went bad, but I had no problem going straight to EC05, so I'm curious. Thanks!

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site

Hi Paul627g,

I noticed you recommended EB13 in another thread as well. Is there a reason EB13 is preferred rather than using Odin to go straight to EC05? Just trying to learn... I'm new to the Epic 4G, and did an Odin restore after my SFR flash went bad, but I had no problem going straight to EC05, so I'm curious. Thanks!

Some people have issues flashing EC05 via odin. I haven't had any issues but some due. EB13 is pretty much guarantied to stick with no issues minus any user error. Honestly it is probably best to keep a couple different versions of android on your comp just in case. You never know when you will need to flash quickly or when a download link will die.

Reactions: Paul627g

theBIG

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site

Some people have issues flashing EC05 via odin. I haven't had any issues but some due. EB13 is pretty much guarantied to stick with no issues minus any user error. Honestly it is probably best to keep a couple different versions of android on your comp just in case. You never know when you will need to flash quickly or when a download link will die.
Sounds like it may depend on hw version or something then? Interesting. I'd not have known, when I went searching for a solution I was over at XDA and the first tut I saw used EC05--glad it worked for me then.

Good tip about saving the downloads, too--I've learned to keep a well-organized folder on my PC, and have even saved an MHT of the web/forum page if there's something obscure I think I may need to refer to later.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

My preference has been to stick with the Froyo EB13 package. We know this package came from Sprint/Samsung. It was pulled off their download servers by yours truly when it was released. The Froyo EC05 package, I really don't know where this came from seeing how Sprint/Samsung never had a public release (Odin package) when Froyo EC05 was put out OTA.. It came from k0nane of ACS and I honestly think it was something k0nane and ACS cooked up which works about 98% of the time for most but there are some that it just doesn't work for.

In that case, I always push the official Froyo EB13 version because it never seems to mess up ;)

FYI, I've used em all... I just have had better luck with EB13.

BTW, I agree with dtm_stretch... I always keep as many copies of things around as possible. Never know when something will come in handy in a pinch and you never know when something online may disappear and you can't find it again ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: theBIG

theBIG

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site

My preference has been to stick with the Froyo EB13 package. We know this package came from Sprint/Samsung. It was pulled off their download servers by yours truly when it was released. The Froyo EC05 package, I really don't know where this came from seeing how Sprint/Samsung never had a public release (Odin package) when Froyo EC05 was put out OTA. It came from k0nane of ACS and I honestly think it was something k0nane and ACS cooked up which works about 98% of the time for most but there are some that it just doesn't work for.

In that case, I always push the official Froyo EB13 version because it never seems to mess up ;)

FYI, I've used em all... I just have had better luck with EB13.
Thanks for the reply, Paul--that makes perfect sense. I wasn't aware of the details, but I understand--I'll archive EB13 just in case I ever need to go down that road again.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Sounds good... Don't take me wrong, EC05 is a good Odin package but I have had it foul up on me a few times too and ended up having to use Froyo EB13 to rescue me. ACS and k0nane have done a lot for this community and I never knock anything they have done.

theBIG

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site

Sounds good... Don't take me wrong, EC05 is a good Odin package but I have had it foul up on me a few times too and ended up having to use Froyo EB13 to rescue me. ACS and k0nane have done a lot for this community and I never knock anything they have done.
Oh, no worries Paul, didn't take it that way at all. Just sound logic that I agree with. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair