Simply AOSP or Stocky-ish?

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Anybody give Simply AOSP v4 a try yet? I flashed this ROM this afternoon, and it is really fast. I loved the stripped down nature of the ROM. (Must be what pure Google is like :). Running this along side the EG22 modem. So far, so good. (Of course, every time I post something like this, I get a rash of FCs and flash a new ROM.)

Also was looking at the EH17 Stocky-ish ROM v5. Anyone have opinions on this or Simply AOSP?

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I'd say stick with EC05 as EC05 has the most stable ROMs

Well, I've tried RandomROM 2.3.4 and Hurricane ROM 1.6. Both are EH17, and I did have numerous FCs on RR and random reboots on Hurricane -- my main reasons for going back to EC05. Thought maybe someone would say Stocky is better/different.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Until samsung releases the source code (usually alongside the Official update), our devs can only do so much. So, the bugs that are present in the GB roms, will persist on the modified roms that are based off of those leaks. Stability, you'll need a EC05 based rom.

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
Its really just a matter of how much you want to mess with your phone. I don't mind spending time tweaking the phone every once in a while. Isn't that why we go to work each day?

jbless

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I've been on Stockyish v5 for a week and it's my daily driver. EH17 leak ROMs all suffer from random reboots (usually coming out of deep sleep). I prefer the reboots and GB to stock 2.2. I'm looking forward to stability with the Official Sammie GB release recently. Until some 4.0 leaks come out!

tbob19

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
EC05 roms are still much more stable.. But GB is much faster in my experience, even though they are leaks.

I've been running Bonsai B16 for about a month and it works fantastic, the only major issues I've experienced are random reboots and an iffy GPS.

The random reboots can be fixed. Look here:
forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1276417

The GPS can be partly fixed by resetting the A-GPS state using GPS Status, at least for a bit. Still, the GPS does not work nearly as well as EC05 or CM7.

epicjason916

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Ive tried just about every rom out for froyo with the exception of stockyish, and nothing beats random rom with v6 performance script. Simply AOSP was ok, but I did have wierd problems with the browser. For example, if I were to goto a page with embedded youtube video, after I was done watching it and I wanted to go back to the page. The page would have a big black square about half of the screen and the page would be cut in half, as if the on screen keyboard came out on the to half of the screen without any keys. Plus the battery life wasn't that great on AOSP. So I would recommend RR w/ v6 script.

epicjason916

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Ive tried just about every rom out for froyo with the exception of stockyish, and nothing beats random rom with v6 performance script. Simply AOSP was ok, but I did have wierd problems with the browser. For example, if I were to goto a page with embedded youtube video, after I was done watching it and I wanted to go back to the page. The page would have a big black square about half of the screen and the page would be cut in half, as if the on screen keyboard came out on the to half of the screen without any keys. Plus the battery life wasn't that great on AOSP. So I would recommend RR w/ v6 script.

Edit: I haven't tried stockyish because I don't really think GB is stable enough yet. But I've tried the latest CM7 and I didn't have any random reboots, just other problems.

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Just a quick note: have been testing Simply AOSP 4.0 for a few weeks and have found it to be amazingly stable (snappy + quick), a great ROM overall, would easily recommend it as a stable / more than decent ROM for the Epic............though now, am curious about EH17Stock-ish v5, as i have been using EH06 for awhile with random reboots, and my preference would be to stay with a Gingerbread variant. Is Stock-ish the least unstable in your experience?

*(11/2/11_just a quick update: after a few weeks running AOSP4.0(genocide2), went ahead + flashed AOSPv4.01(revolted)........there are several improvements, namely GPS fix, and faster than ever - this ROM is about as good + stable a ROM as any that i have experienced on the epic4g.*

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol