Trying to flash SRF 1.2

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Okay, what I'm trying to figure out is how am I supposed to flash SRF 1.2 when I'm on Simply AOSP v4 and I'm on RFS? I've used the RFS2EXT4 .zip through CWM but after I did that, I flash SRF, but it always get stuck on the boot screen. Thankfully, I had a backup so I'm still on Simply AOSP but I really want to use SRF. Any ideas how I can get it to successfully to flash?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Its been awhile but didn't SRF 1.2 release without a kernel? If so then there is your answer, you will need to flash the ROM then follow up by flashing a kernel before rebooting the system.

cerobles1

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
You can always flash SFR 1.1 that comes with Twilight kernel and then flash SFR 1.2 in then end, I would recomend Genocide 2.0 kernel, in my experience there's a huge difference between these two kernels, IMO Genocide being better. Give both a shot.

arhoolie

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Its been awhile but didn't SRF 1.2 release without a kernel? If so then there is your answer, you will need to flash the ROM then follow up by flashing a kernel before rebooting the system.

I believe it did and I remember once asking about this myself in another thread. I ended up flashing SFR 1.2 followed by the Genocide Kernel.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon