[ROM] Epic CM7 SELFKANG (10/11) - 2.3.7

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
Did you find the option in settings to change your battery mod display? I downloaded the ROM and it appears to have all the normal CM mods in there from what I can see without actually flashing it....
yeah, found the battery thingy? Where's my ram?

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Well, reflashed CM7 10/11 version.
I replaced the libaudio.so file so now the ringer works. Wifi works again.
I wasn't a big 4G user, so I guess I won't miss it.

The one thing right now that I hope they fix is the video playback.

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
replace libaudio? With what and how please?

The libaudio.so you replace will correct the ringer problem with the 10/11/11 release of CM7. You can download the file here.

You'll have to extract the libaudio.so from the libaudio.zip file; it's not flashable. Extract it to some obvious place on your SD card, e.g., /sdcard/download. Be careful, because the next steps require you to change permissions...

1. Basically, open up a terminal emulator. Make sure you have root access by typing "su".

2. type: "chmod a+wrx /sdcard/download/libaudio.so" (no quotes) then hit return.

3. Type: "chmod a+wrx /system/lib/libaudio.so" Hit return.

4. Type "cp /sdcard/download/libaudio.so /system/lib" Hit return.

Should do the trick. Then reboot. This is commonly felt to correct the microphone squealing issue, but I don't think it does. It just fixes the ringer problem AFAIK.

(I feel like I should dust off my SparcStation 20...Haven't done that much unix is years.)

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
. This is commonly felt to correct the microphone squealing issue, but I don't think it does. It just fixes the ringer problem AFAIK.

Kevin, does it solve the wifi problem? I read somwhere in the thread that it does. That is the only major issue I am having right now...Other than the other stuff. :D

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Kevin, does it solve the wifi problem? I read somwhere in the thread that it does. That is the only major issue I am having right now...Other than the other stuff. :D

I don't think so. There's a lot of buzz on XDA about the wifi issue right now with the latest release.

When I was on the 10/15 release, I had wifi issues. I'm now back on the 10/11 release, after which I copied the libaudio file. Everything, except the video playback and 4G, is working fine for me. I have no bluetooth devices, so I can't comment.

I now see I was a little vague in my previous post. The ringer is fixed by libaudio.so; the wifi issue is not. I "fixed" the wifi issue by going back to the earlier release. I suspect there will be another release soon.

Last edited:

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
RE: closing background apps - is there a stand alone ROM for that? I flashed the gapps bundle but it wasn't in there, I assume because it probably was Sammys.

And one more thing: when I go to settings/running services: which shows me whats running in RAM (but you can only shut them off individually) it tells me I have 105MB used and 212MB free. Where's the rest?

There is no stand-alone app to close apps when they force close but if you go to your home screen, hit the menu button and select 'manage applications', scroll down until you find your app, tap on it and hit force stop. It is a bit cumbersome. I've already tried using Advanced Task Killer for that issue but it doesn't do anything for me at least.

As for the RAM problem, the phone always reserves some RAM for the system. For example, the E4GT says it has 1GB of RAM (and it does), but there's about 750MB of RAM available for the user.

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I have tried running this for a day... It's almost there but def cannot be a daily for me. WiFi seems "really weak" and in areas of my home where I had one 'bar' I have none... "The Squeal" can replace waterboarding lol. The camera is sloooow and featureless compared to the Samsung camera app (milliseconds count to me).. 4G although I rarely use it.. I love using it when I have to show someone something or when I want to download/view something. Lastly, I tried looking past all that, but for some reason, I could not restore data with CWM and when I rebooted the loading screen was stuck in a loop going from the circle arrow to the skateboard and back again forever.. Gonna Nandroid back to the good ol now... Till the next updates !!

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I have tried running this for a day... It's almost there but def cannot be a daily for me. WiFi seems "really weak" and in areas of my home where I had one 'bar' I have none... "The Squeal" can replace waterboarding lol. The camera is sloooow and featureless compared to the Samsung camera app (milliseconds count to me).. 4G although I rarely use it.. I love using it when I have to show someone something or when I want to download/view something. Lastly, I tried looking past all that, but for some reason, I could not restore data with CWM and when I rebooted the loading screen was stuck in a loop going from the circle arrow to the skateboard and back again forever.. Gonna Nandroid back to the good ol now... Till the next updates !!

Some people get boot loops when they come from an EXT4 ROM (even sometimes from some RFS ROMs). There is a file you download (gotorfs.zip). You have to flash that before you flash the actual ROM to make the ROM to actually boot. Also, about the squeal, people were able to fix that by downloading a libaudio.so file.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Mike, you never want to restore data when switching filesystems. That is a receipe for disaster normally.

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Paul627g & Officerpolabear: Thanks for the tips. Would I still need to convert even if I never used another rom or ext4? I have always just ran stock with things changed and removed myself. Would just backing up and restoring with Titanium work better?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else have problems with the voice-activated features? I can't get my voice dialer and my voice-activated search to work. I wonder if this is related to the microphone-speaker feedback issue.

Also, is there an apk out there with the standard voicemail application? (Actually, don't know if that is a Samsung/Touchwiz thing...nevertheless.)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else have problems with the voice-activated features? I can't get my voice dialer and my voice-activated search to work. I wonder if this is related to the microphone-speaker feedback issue.

Also, is there an apk out there with the standard voicemail application? (Actually, don't know if that is a Samsung/Touchwiz thing...nevertheless.)

Commenting on the voicemail app, that is a Sammy feature. People having been searching high and low and waiting for such a replacement on AOSP/Nexus S 4g for such an application. Most people have hooked up with Google Voice to replace the loss of Visual Voicemail that came over from the Epic 4g to the NS4G.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Paul627g & Officerpolabear: Thanks for the tips. Would I still need to convert even if I never used another rom or ext4? I have always just ran stock with things changed and removed myself. Would just backing up and restoring with Titanium work better?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

If your coming from stock Froyo or stock Froyo rooted then you will be fine to flash without running the conversion script. The only reason you would have to run the conversion script is if your device has been previously converted to EXT 4 filesystem.

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
The libaudio.so you replace will correct the ringer problem with the 10/11/11 release of CM7. You can download the file here.

You'll have to extract the libaudio.so from the libaudio.zip file; it's not flashable. Extract it to some obvious place on your SD card, e.g., /sdcard/download. Be careful, because the next steps require you to change permissions...

1. Basically, open up a terminal emulator. Make sure you have root access by typing "su".

2. type: "chmod a+wrx /sdcard/download/libaudio.so" (no quotes) then hit return.

3. Type: "chmod a+wrx /system/lib/libaudio.so" Hit return.

4. Type "cp /sdcard/download/libaudio.so /system/lib" Hit return.

Should do the trick. Then reboot. This is commonly felt to correct the microphone squealing issue, but I don't think it does. It just fixes the ringer problem AFAIK.

It worked!!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
@ Ted.... This stuff isn't so difficult after all is it??? Actually fun and rewarding when you do these things.. :)