[ROM] Epic CM7 SELFKANG (10/11) - 2.3.7

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Source : [ROM] Epic CM7 SELFKANG (10/11) - 2.3.7

That's right Epic users! Looks like the idea of CM7 or (Cyanogen Mod 7) for the Epic 4g isn't dead. Follow the source link above to the great devs at XDA who are making this possible.

Feel free to openly discuss anything concerning this release in this thread and they will be answered if possible by fellow members. For direct support from the devs I would consider posting your questions over at XDA.

Last edited:

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Source : [ROM] Epic CM7 SELFKANG (10/11) - 2.3.7

That's right Epic users! Looks like the idea of CM7 or (Cyanogen Mod 7) for the Epic 4g isn't dead. Follow the source link above to the great devs at XDA who are making this possible.

Nice!

So, if I use gotorfs.zip to change from EXT to RFS, how do I go back to EXT if I want to restore a nandroid backup in the event that I do not like CM7?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Nice!

So, if I use gotorfs.zip to change from EXT to RFS, how do I go back to EXT if I want to restore a nandroid backup in the event that I do not like CM7?

If I remember correctly Chris 41g of ACS has a thread over at XDA with a flashable zip in CWM to easily switch back to Ext 4.

Edit: Here is that thread link for the EXT 4 to RFS and RFS to EXT 4 zip package from Chris.

[ACS][CWM 3.0.25+]Rfs2Ext4 and Ext42Rfs **UPDATED 7/27

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
@all,
I wouldn't mind seeing some screenies and hearing some feedback on how this is working out...

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
So far, this ROM is perfect! The only bugs that I have experienced so far are that Youtube in HQ stutters and this is probably the most interesting bug I've come across ever: the mic seems to be active at all times and if you put your palm near or on it, it will make a beeping noise. I can actually make different tones of beeps depending on the position of my hand :) maybe I can make some music with it? haha

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
So far, this ROM is perfect! The only bugs that I have experienced so far are that Youtube in HQ stutters and this is probably the most interesting bug I've come across ever: the mic seems to be active at all times and if you put your palm near or on it, it will make a beeping noise. I can actually make different tones of beeps depending on the position of my hand :) maybe I can make some music with it? haha

Thats great to hear... Sure there will be a few bugs but I think this is finally a much better build than previous attempts. If Sammy would ever drop official GB they would be in so much better shape having some source code to work with...

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Thats great to hear... Sure there will be a few bugs but I think this is finally a much better build than previous attempts. If Sammy would ever drop official GB they would be in so much better shape having some source code to work with...

Yes, it it miles ahead of what we did have just a couple of weeks ago!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I will wait till WIMAX is sorted out.
Wimax or 4g, was one of the hangups on the first run around of CM 7 for the Epic. Again they needed the source code and other things to get it working which they never did. It may come down to that again for this version also. I guess time will tell.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois