How to clean up?

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
With so many roms, kernels and modems, so many apps in and out, I would like to clear all the extra junk off of my SD card, not that i need the room (32 GB card) but I like to be tidy. Does anyone know what a Tunnybrowser is? do I need the Samsung Media Hub folder if I never use is and delete it right away? How about diskCache Indexes? what's in LOST.DIR? How do I figure out what to keep and what to pitch?

Truthfully, waiting for the workday to end so I can go home and flash the new pre-rooted GB rom. Can't seem to keep my hands off of my phone until then. But honestly folks... (appearing nightly):-!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Most of what you mentioned can be ditched...

Lost.dir will get replaced by other data as life goes on.... Same with Disk Cache.. It will once again reappear...
Tunny browser.. Umm had that before and I can't remember what it was...

Media Hub folder I would think is same to delete... Not using it.. Don't need it...

Reactions: mindlord70

Windfrenzy

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, GB was my first factory reset/wipe. I'm wondering about all the apps I had on the SD under Froyo. If not reinstalling all, some will be there but just dormant I guess. I'm thinking the cleanest way would be to move all apps to phone, backup the SD on computer, reformat the SD, then move apps to SD and copy media, etc. from the computer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance