[ROM]ACS ICS v5 (noCiQ)[EI22]

lancelot916

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM]ACS ICS v2 (noCiQ)[EI22]

yup. running it. so far so good. had more initial FC than v2 but now stable.

also in contacts, under "more" option, you can't read a thing. its black text against black background. contacts in general were fidgety when syncing with FB

Hey, voodoo control isn't working on this. is this the case for others? says i dont have the right kernel!

Last edited:

lancelot916

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

The theme that shows on my phone is not ICS at all, looks like launcher pro.

Lol. That's not a theme issue. It IS launcher pro. You can uninstall it if you want. I think you are referring to the launcher, but themes are reflected in the fonts, icons, and menu skins.

big_bake

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

Bah! I want to try this out but need my GPS. Hopefully someone comes up with a fix.

If you have root explorer, terminal emulator, adb, etc you can use this fix for v2. Worked for me as well as others.

xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM]ACS ICS v3.5 (2ndMassBugFix)(noCiQ)11/12/11[EI22]

I was up late last night and actually got v3 (not v3.5) which broke GPS past that simple fix above. In the wee hours of the morning v3.5 came out, but there still seems to be problems. I'm not really impressed with the big change in theme from v2 to v3/v3.5.

And in case no one read the changelog, the kernel from v1/v2 was changed in the v3/v3.5. This is why some things aren't working or your scores aren't the same.

Reactions: ShaLea

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site

Tried 3.5 yesterday. Seemed snappy and GPS worked fine. Problem with FC when going into the menu for messaging. On other menu items the black text on black blackground made them unreadable. Email and calendar synced perfectly. Didn't get 4G but that was probably my location. Wireless and 3G worked fine but speeds (measured with speedtest) were no better than Froyo (also flashed EI22 modem), although Android Central did seem to load faster. Browser worked great without any checkerboarding. Didn't test anything else. All in all, it's not quite ready to be a daily driver but it's close. I appreciate all the work marcusant put into this and look forward to the next release.

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site

V3.5 definitely has some issues that are being worked on and fixes implemented in next update. Don't expect any of these ROMs to be perfect- they are all works in progress. I had 4 different ROMs on my phone this weekend and can't wait for the next. LOL :-!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

V3.5 definitely has some issues that are being worked on and fixes implemented in next update. Don't expect any of these ROMs to be perfect- they are all works in progress. I had 4 different ROMs on my phone this weekend and can't wait for the next. LOL :-!
+1 on this....

Were in the early stages... Give it a good week or two for the devs to really get in there and see what is going on and get some long term feedback from the users. Plus they all have dozens and dozens of log cat's they are sifting through trying to resolve problems....

Reactions: ShaLea

jmuru

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

ACS ICS v4 is fantastic. Fixed pretty much everything and very quick and stable.

jleakey

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
Version 4 is outstanding been on it for about 6 hours. I love the lock screen mix of Stock ASOP and Honeycomb.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

eharty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site

Been running this since early this morning. Very fast and smooth and no issues at all so far. Highly recommended!!!

kgilbertsen

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

Can someone explain how to get this installed on a manually updated to GB, rooted acs v1.0.0.5 cwm Epic? Do I just choose 'install zip from sdcard'? Or is something else required?

jleakey

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
Can someone explain how to get this installed on a manually updated to GB, rooted acs v1.0.0.5 cwm Epic? Do I just choose 'install zip from sdcard'? Or is something else required?

You must be on EXT4 file system if you are than you just need to wipe Dalvick, Cache, and data than install zip from SD Card. The file to convert from RFS to EXT4 can be found at ACS website if it is down just do a search for the file and you should be able to find it.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: kgilbertsen

kgilbertsen

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

You must be on EXT4 file system if you are than you just need to wipe Dalvick, Cache, and data than install zip from SD Card. The file to convert from RFS to EXT4 can be found at ACS website if it is down just do a search for the file and you should be able to find it.

Thanks. Dumb questions: How do I know what file system I'm on?? Also, once I get that taken care of, where do I go to 'wipe Dalvick, Cache, and data'? And, one more question: Is the data I'll be wiping something that I'll be needing to restore from a backup somewhere?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance