[ROM]ACS ICS v5 (noCiQ)[EI22]

drewjohn

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
Re: [ROM]ACS ICS v2 (noCiQ)[EI22]

This rom has been working very well, Although i have just a few issues i need help with

1) I can not receive picture messages, I can send them. Along with this i get a force close when trying to access the setting in the stock massager app. I usually use handcent.

2) some of the fonts make it so that i can not see the words in app menus. such as the browser and Titanium backup to name a few.

EDIT: I MAY HAVE SPOKE TOO SOON. LET ME TRY v4.

Last edited:

DaveWW00

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site

I installed v4 last night and i am having only one problem so far. Wifi doesnt seem to be working consistently. When I connect to a network it shows me as connected, assigns an IP, etc but when i try to go on the web or use an app that needs to connect to the web i get nothing. Other than this issue I really like the rom a lot. Any suggestions to fix the wifi?

DaveWW00

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site

I installed v4 last night and i am having only one problem so far. Wifi doesnt seem to be working consistently. When I connect to a network it shows me as connected, assigns an IP, etc but when i try to go on the web or use an app that needs to connect to the web i get nothing. Other than this issue I really like the rom a lot. Any suggestions to fix the wifi?

I tried rebooting once and it didnt work but the second time it did. I'm still open to suggestions though if there is a way to keep this from happening. Thanks.

kgilbertsen

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

So far, so good, after installing Version 4.

Firmware: Samurai 2.6.35 Gen 1.0.2
Kernel: 2.6.35.7 Samurai +
Build ACS ICS
Baseband: S.D700.0.5S... E122

I have a question: Have I totally replaced Gingerbread with Samurai? Or is GB still at the 'base' of the OS?

drewjohn

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site

I seem to have the same issue, and had an issue with sending picture mail last night but seems to be working this morning

ddark1

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site

I'm on V4, and I have no sound coming from my ringtone, or text messages, missing all my calls, i flashed this twice and wipe cache and stuff 3 times, fc on gmail

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site

I'm still running SFR 1.1.1 and want to update to EI22 and run [ROM]ACS ICS v3.5 (noCiQ)[EI22]
Do I need to update to EI22 before flashing the ROM?

I also have found Journaling On to be the best option for me on previous ROMs, so I plan to flash the Journaling On zip, but do I need to boot up the phone and make sure that it is running okay first?

So, do I:
A. flash EI22 update, Flash ROM, flash Journaling On, and then reboot?
or
B: flash ROM, flash Journaling ON, and reboot?
or
C. flash EI22, reboot, flash ROM, reboot, flash Journaling On, reboot?

jleakey

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
I'm on V4, and I have no sound coming from my ringtone, or text messages, missing all my calls, i flashed this twice and wipe cache and stuff 3 times, fc on gmail

That is odd. There might be a corrupted file in the ROM might want to redownload the ROM and try installing it again.

Jim
Sent from my Epic 4G using Tapatalk

jleakey

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
I'm still running SFR 1.1.1 and want to update to EI22 and run [ROM]ACS ICS v3.5 (noCiQ)[EI22]
Do I need to update to EI22 before flashing the ROM?

I also have found Journaling On to be the best option for me on previous ROMs, so I plan to flash the Journaling On zip, but do I need to boot up the phone and make sure that it is running okay first?

So, do I:
A. flash EI22 update, Flash ROM, flash Journaling On, and then reboot?
or
B: flash ROM, flash Journaling ON, and reboot?
or
C. flash EI22, reboot, flash ROM, reboot, flash Journaling On, reboot?

I originally just updated the ROM in version 2 without the EI22 update and had no problems. When I upgraded to version 3.5 I upgraded the radio after having problems with reception. So think you can upgrade the radio at anytime without issues.

I never enabled the Journaling, but would think that you could apply that at anytime.

Jim

Reactions: 5111

bigtimeweb

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

Dave

There is a kernel issue

downgrade that I think fixes it.

Download IAP EI22 Rebirth Kernel gen1 zip

[Kernel] IAP_EI22 _Samurai OC/UV* CWM Flashable Stable 1.44GHz [GEN_1.0.3] - xda-developers

[ROM]ACS ICS v4(noCiQ)11/14/11[EI22] - Page 98 - xda-developers

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site

I originally just updated the ROM in version 2 without the EI22 update and had no problems. When I upgraded to version 3.5 I upgraded the radio after having problems with reception. So think you can upgrade the radio at anytime without issues.

I never enabled the Journaling, but would think that you could apply that at anytime.

Jim

Thanks for the info. I ended up just flashing the ROM v4, and then rebooted. I then flashed the modem, and rebooted. I then flashed JournalingOn and rebooted.

Also, I did not wipe everything 3 times. Instead I just wiped the Dalvik Cache once. All of my data is intact, but I haven't really played with any of the apps. The only problem that I have had is with the internet. None of my bookmarks are there and I had it FC on me three times before I rebooted. I haven't messed with it since then.

I had some difficulty with Bluetooth, but just deleted everything out of both systems and then re-paired them and it has worked much better than on FROYO.

jleakey

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I ended up just flashing the ROM v4, and then rebooted. I then flashed the modem, and rebooted. I then flashed JournalingOn and rebooted.

Also, I did not wipe everything 3 times. Instead I just wiped the Dalvik Cache once. All of my data is intact, but I haven't really played with any of the apps. The only problem that I have had is with the internet. None of my bookmarks are there and I had it FC on me three times before I rebooted. I haven't messed with it since then.

I had some difficulty with Bluetooth, but just deleted everything out of both systems and then re-paired them and it has worked much better than on FROYO.

Sounds good. I always wipe everything, but I use Titanium Backup which works outstanding at restoring apps and settings.

Jim
Sent from my Toshiba Thrive using Tapatalk

kgilbertsen

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

I'm running ACS_ICS v4 and notice that when I look at my Market, under 'Not installed', LauncherPro and Superuser are listed. Is this how/where they should show?

I assume LauncherPro shows as a result of being included as part of the ROM (I didn't have that app before), and I flashed Superuser.

jleakey

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
I'm running ACS_ICS v4 and notice that when I look at my Market, under 'Not installed', LauncherPro and Superuser are listed. Is this how/where they should show?

I assume LauncherPro shows as a result of being included as part of the ROM (I didn't have that app before), and I flashed Superuser.

I'm not sure looking at mine it shows it installed. Maybe a reboot or clear the cache under applications, market will fix it.

Jim
Sent from my Toshiba Thrive using Tapatalk

kgilbertsen

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

I'm not sure looking at mine it shows it installed. Maybe a reboot or clear the cache under applications, market will fix it.

Jim

Jim, as you suggested, I tried both. Reboot didn't fix it. And there were 0 Bytes in the Market app cache. Oh well...
Thanks for the suggestions.

Little_G

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM]ACS ICS v4 (noCiQ)[EI22]

Marcus has advised that ACS-ICS V.5 will be released shortly, due to minor issues with V.4. It's already in testing on XDA. I haven't experienced any of the issues myself with V.4, but some people's phones were having WiFi/4G connectivity issues and GPS issues. All these and much more will be addressed with the new version according to Marcus.

The issues with the Samurai kernel on V4 have also been fixed with the Samurai 1.0.4 update according to its developer. (still running 1.0.2 on my Epic without issues)

ACS-ICS V.4 in itself is an awesome rom, and if as Marcus says, V.5 is going to be twice as good, well.... you'll have to see for yourself!

(Benchmarking is without OC/UC - the 1.0.4 kernel is reported to allow 1.44ghz stable)

dug13

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

Does this rom use touch wiz?
And if not is there a way to use or install it? I kinda like it,
TIA
Doug

Last edited:

gemini19th81

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

V4 works real nice for me. The only problem I have is that it uses the rear facing camera for video gtalk. Any way to switch it to the front cam?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08