Restore data after using ODIN?

TouchWizard

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I am not the best at this whole "rooting" thing. I want to get the official Gingerbread update, but I received an error when I tried to update, and I am guessing that I need to "unroot". What I want to know is if there is any way I can restore the data on my phone after flashing back to EC05 with ODIN. Thanks!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Only way to do it is use Titanium Backup or My Backup Root from the Market (free versions) and make your backups. This will be saved on your sdcard. Once you return to EC05 or official GB you will have to root again to install one of those two apps again and retrieve your information.

SMS Backup and Restore is a good free app rooted/non rooted for saving your sms/txt.

Windfrenzy

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
GB was my first total wipe and flash. While there are tons of posts, step-by-step guides, and videos for rooting and flashing. I couldn't find same for restoring after the whole thing. I used Titanium, but was surprised that the Market didn't know all my apps (just paid). I read somewhere that restoring apps from Market and data from Titanium is best, so that's what I'm doing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463