One click root for EI22 ? Help!

markstibbyspot

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Hey all,
I haven't been on much since DK28 leaked (best OS i've used before EI22).
I rooted dk28 with one click root with no problem and have been running it since.

Now I flashed my epic (using odin) to GB EI22 and I love it.
But I would like to root it as well because I want titanium backup, but I have no luck with the new Odin root procedures.

I have searched youtube and forums and I cannot seem to be able to root.

Every time I used odin to install the new ACS recovery, Odin would freeze or fail and my phone would be soft brick.
when i turn it on it will show the phone, arrow, and computer.

then I would have to flash back to froyo EC05 then update.zip back to EI22. Which takes time.
I have done the procedure 5 times and I am exhausted. LOL

So is there an easier way to root or run CWM on the new EI22 or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

cerobles1

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey, try gng back to EC05 or a ROM that u think it's easier to root for u, and then flash, through CWM a ROM based off EI22 just like u would flash SFR or any other custom ROM. That way u wont have to deal with ODIN. That's how I got my ACS ICS v2 to run and it's better than stock EI22. Good luck.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hey all,
I haven't been on much since DK28 leaked (best OS i've used before EI22).
I rooted dk28 with one click root with no problem and have been running it since.

Now I flashed my epic (using odin) to GB EI22 and I love it.
But I would like to root it as well because I want titanium backup, but I have no luck with the new Odin root procedures.

I have searched youtube and forums and I cannot seem to be able to root.

Every time I used odin to install the new ACS recovery, Odin would freeze or fail and my phone would be soft brick.
when i turn it on it will show the phone, arrow, and computer.

then I would have to flash back to froyo EC05 then update.zip back to EI22. Which takes time.
I have done the procedure 5 times and I am exhausted. LOL

So is there an easier way to root or run CWM on the new EI22 or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Gingerbread does not and probably won't have a One Click Root method. The exploits used to do a OCR in Froyo/Eclair were patched by Google.

The new method of rooting using Odin and flashing CWM (ClockWorkMod) recovery was discovered during the first initial Gingerbread leak and continues as the standard now.

Only other way to skip around this is to do a OCR from Froyo then you can flash a custom official GB ROM from your Froyo rooted setup and come out running GB on the other side.. :)

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I found the best way to do this was to use Odin to install the ACS Recovery file and before you run the patch via Odin, make sure you UNCHECK auto reboot (so, all things unchecked). After you flash the recovery via Odin and you get the success (green light), pull the battery.

After this, do the three finger boot into recovery and you should have CWM there. Immediately install a custom ROM (in my case, I have installed ACS ICS). Now, CWM should be there permanently until you go back to stock GB.

Note: I also had to use the ACSRecovery1.0.0.5.tar file instead of the .tar.md5.tar file....

markstibbyspot

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Ok thanks everyone.
Finally rooted.
Went back to froyo, then did the one click root.
Ins:)talled a custom rooted stock gb and flash the new ei22 modem.
Loving the phone now! Better than my dk28

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome