ROM's based off the Official EI22

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I'm ready to try again. This time taking the phone to the professionals.

Are there any battery sipping ROM's based off official EI22 gingerbread that is prerooted with the gps fix applied?

There's a shop here in town that specializes in loading ROM's. I guess I will have to go that route. I don't really want any themes, just want the bloat removed, better battery life, the gps fixed and be as stable as my phone has been stock.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Still a bit early in the game... There are a few out already that have custom kernels but I would honestly give it a little more time for the kernel devices to work up some kernels... ROMs only do so much, its the kernel that holds the secret to controlling processor speeds and battery life.

Just be careful Keith. I've even heard stories of shops or professionals messing up and leaving the customer/user hanging in the wind with a brick...

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Still a bit early in the game... There are a few out already that have custom kernels but I would honestly give it a little more time for the kernel devices to work up some kernels... ROMs only do so much, its the kernel that holds the secret to controlling processor speeds and battery life.

Just be careful Keith. I've even heard stories of shops or professionals messing up and leaving the customer/user hanging in the wind with a brick...

Yeah, but I'm guaranteed to brick it. Remember, I have had to replace both devices that I used oden on because unrecoverable bricks.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, but I'm guaranteed to brick it. Remember, I have had to replace both devices that I used oden on because unrecoverable bricks.

I remember, we've talked... I'm just throwing out the heads up.. We've seen the stories here at AC of members getting burned on going to others for rooting.... Just recently a few weeks ago I answered one in the General Help section.. Something went wrong and the shop/person said sorry you have a brick and I can't do anything else for you...

So just the heads up.. Careful.

Reactions: Skunkape60

rdybala

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I tried ACS ICS v2 and loved it, but then after installing v3.5 and getting tons of crashes, I switched to Starsky and then finally settled on RandomRom ThunderHawk 3.0.5 using nubernel's kernel (baked in). It auto formats to EXT4 and everything works! 4G, GPS, WiFi all without issue. The only drawback is nubernel isn't compatible with Voltage Control or Voltage Extreme, so I wasn't able to toggle specific speeds, however, I'm currently running at 77% with 6hrs usage.

Reactions: Skunkape60

therber219

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I think I have tried every version of every Rom based off EI22, so far I think SleeperRom seems to be the quickest, atleast for me. Battery life is good,and everything seems to work perfectly. I also like ThunderHawk 3.0.5. I had some troubles with 3.1

dabomb408

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
well ive been using starskyrom for the last 2 days and its been running great so far... i flashed camera shutter fix and logsprovider and now im good to go.. runniing this till i find a stable awesome themed rom...