[INDEX] EI22 Gingerbread ROMs/Themes/Kernels & Mods List

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
FAQ

ROM's:
Q: What is a ROM?
A: The ROM or OS is the image of the operating system. Example, Honeycomb, Gingerbread, Froyo, Eclair, Donut and Cupcake these are considered the ROM. The term ROM(s) is usually used in the rooting and hacking community when referring to a modified or custom version of the original ROM/OS.
Kernels:
Q: What is a kernel?
A: In simple terms, a kernel is the main link to the ROM (OS) and tells it what to do and how to do it. Aside from stock kernels, modified kernels are used for overclocking the speed of processor and controlling of voltage usage, resulting in better battery life and other settings.
Themes:
Q: What is a theme?
A: A theme is a makeover of the ROM's UI (user interface) by means of changing backgrounds, text colors, icons, overall appearance. This could also include battery display mods, and other neat additions.
Other Mods:
Q: What is other mods?
A: This could be modified stock ROM applications, startup & shutdown boot animations and application restores/reverts & other misc. changes that can be flashed or installed.

Reactions: mpoehling

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
ROMs

OS Compatibility: Gingerbread EI22
General Notes:To download a ROM just click on the "Location" link and it will take you directly to the ROM developers page.

Rom Name: [ROM]Mostly Stock EI22 | Update 4 11/12 | (Added Extended Power Menu)
Developer: xBTx

Rom Name: [ROM][EI22][ERA] Legendary ROM Beta.4.0 | NoCIQ
Developer: hoffman1984

Rom Name: [ROM][CWM][EI22] StarskyROMv1.4 No CiQ,CRT,BattMod,Power Menu
Developer: starskyrob

Rom Name: [ROM] [EI22] [CWM] CleanGB
Developer: toadlife

Rom Name: [ROM] RandomROM THUNDERHAWK 3.1 [AIO] EI22 (WIP)
Developer: RandomKing

Rom Name: [ROM][CWM][EI22] SleeperROM 1.0.01 No CiQ, Stockish-CRT-Overscroll,HotSpot Fix
Developer: SenseiSimple

Rom Name: [ROM]ACS ICS v3.5 (2ndMassBugFix)(noCiQ)
Developer: marcusant

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Kernels

General Notes: All detailed information can be obtained from the "Flashing" link from the developer.

Kernel Name: [Kernel] IAP's EI22 House Of Samurai OC/UV Kernel* CWM Flashable
Developer: earthbound (iap)
Flashing: xda developers

Kernel Name:
Developer:
Flashing:

Kernel Name:
Developer:
Flashing:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Themes

General Notes: Detailed information can be obtained from the developer by clicking the Flashing link.

Theme Name: [THEME/MOD][ EI22] Stock Theme w/Battery Mod & CRT
Designer: Paul627g
Flashing: www.androidcentral.com

Theme Name: [MOD] EI22 Round 1% Battery Mod
Designer: bigtex06

Theme Name: [ERA][EI22]Green Glow ODEX
Designer: zanderman112

Theme Name: [THEME][ACS][EI22/EC05][11/20/2011]Nebula Theme
Designer: darkierawr

Theme Name : [THEMES 11/14] EI22 ICS Theme 0.2-----EC05 PDAniMod_And Themes
Designer: Gitu sum

Theme Name: EI22 Sculpted Theme V 1.02
Designer: Digglez

Theme Name: EI22 Cool Blue Theme+1x/3G Mods
Designer: bigtex06

Theme Name: [ACS][Theme][EI22] Honeycomb Fusion Explosion *Cookies Done!* v2.4
Designer: shane6374

Theme Name: [THEME][EI22][8LOCKSMOD][PORT]Shake & Bake 11/29/11
Designer: travismoreno

Theme Name: [Theme] [ei22] SooperPink Beta 2
Designer: Draghar

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Mods

General Notes: Detailed information not provided here can be obtained from the developer by clicking the Flashing link.

Other Mod Name: GPS FIX for Gingerbread leak
Designer:
Summary:

Other Mod Name: Turn off shutter sound on camera
Designer:
Summary: Modified the "ogg" file that handles the camera click. Can be flashed on odex/deodexed ROMS.

Other Mod Name: [MOD]TSM.MOD_by_MADDOGGN/(ten_locks)[MOD]
Designer: maddoggn
Summary: Updated his multi-lockscreen mod to support EI22 Gingerbread

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Oh ya the full format, I only do that for official release... Not worth all the work on those leak builds....

Dronak

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the list. This looks like it will be helpful for tracking the kind of stuff that's out there for EI22. I think I basically get the difference between the ROM and the kernel, but do custom ROMs usually contain/include custom kernels as well? I'm wondering if I decide to root and install a ROM, will I need to get a kernel too, does the ROM already have one, or if not, will the ROM work fine with the stock kernel? Maybe not worth adding to the FAQ, but since I'm kind of new to this, I was curious about it. Thanks.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes ROMs will normally have their own kernel or use one of the ones available.. Just depends on who it is...Custom ROMs will almost always be something other than the stock kernel...

Dronak

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I guess installing a custom ROM is usually enough then. Is there a good reason to try to install a custom kernel, but not a custom ROM? While I'm writing, I've got a probably stupid question: if we can update our OS using stock recovery and an update.zip file, is there some reason we can't do the same with custom ROMs? Just curious, because it would be so much easier if that worked.

Also, the ACS ICS ROM is at v4 now. The link you have goes to the right XDA post, but they've update the ROM since your post. I just thought I'd let you know in case you want to edit that here.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, I guess installing a custom ROM is usually enough then. Is there a good reason to try to install a custom kernel, but not a custom ROM? While I'm writing, I've got a probably stupid question: if we can update our OS using stock recovery and an update.zip file, is there some reason we can't do the same with custom ROMs? Just curious, because it would be so much easier if that worked.

Also, the ACS ICS ROM is at v4 now. The link you have goes to the right XDA post, but they've update the ROM since your post. I just thought I'd let you know in case you want to edit that here.
Yes I'm aware of the update... I will try and hit that tomorrow...

Actually once you get in and use CWM (Clock Work Mod) recovery its similar to stock except many more options and we can't modify stock recovery to do what we need for custom ROMs.

Kernels, I would say still flash even a stockish version of GB then grab your custom kernel... This was the ROM will work hand in hand with the kernel mods to give you more benefits/improvements over stock.

dug13

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Question? If i backup with titanium the fash a ext4 rom like ACS ICS, (im on rooted rfs stock 2.2) and re install all my apps say (jort) is one of them. Them do a data only retore from titanium. Will it work?
Can my data(or apps) from rfs restore to ext4? What would be the disadvantage of ext4?
Thanks
Doug

flastnoles11

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the list. Will make it much easier to find those roms kernels and other goodies for our enjoyment! Again thank you!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Dronak

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Actually once you get in and use CWM (Clock Work Mod) recovery its similar to stock except many more options and we can't modify stock recovery to do what we need for custom ROMs.

Ah, I guess that's why the custom recovery is needed. From what I read, it does seem to function like the stock recovery, which is why I was wondering if we could just name some ROM file update.zip and use stock recovery to flash it. I guess stock recovery just doesn't provide the necessary features.

Now that we have official Gingerbread, will the instructions for doing a factory restore to stock get updated to show how to restore stock EI22? I think what I've seen so far is still for Froyo or maybe leaked Gingerbread. I think before I try rooting, I'd like to know how to get back to the current official ROM. (Preferably without going back to Froyo and flashing up to Gingerbread again.)

Getting root doesn't seem too hard from what I read -- Odin on a patch to make custom recovery stick, then put the custom recovery on, then flash a file to get root access. But what's a good way for someone new to this to progress from there? How much customizing can I do from a rooted stock ROM? Is there much to do with only the custom recovery? Or is it better to just go for a full ROM? Most ROMs seem to include a lot of edits that I'd probably want (GPS fix, no CIQ, help on battery life, etc.), so maybe that's a better option. But if the custom ROMs are still in the process of stabilizing after the official Gingerbread release, maybe I should wait a bit on that. I might try to root and make some flashable edits before then though.

Thanks for all the info. I hope I'm not side-tracking this thread too much. :)

flastnoles11

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
If you are looking for a good stable rom to flash so you don't have to do everything on your own then era legendary 4.0.1 is the way to go IMO... very stable and very smooth running... very easy to flash and all directions to do so can be found on the thread for that rom which is posted earlier on this forum. Happy flashing! ;-)

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20