can I root after OA Gingerbread install?

djkaz

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
bit of a noob with kind of a dumb question, but I was having issues with my phone so I flashed it back to stock using odin, then installed GB when I was advised to by Sprint.

The battery life on stock with GB is freakin terrible, and I want to install the new ACS ROM, which leads to my question:

is it possible to root after Gingerbread, or should I just roll it back to stock again and root from sock Eclair?

any help would be appreciated

Cheers!

Dronak

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: can I root after OA Gingerbread install?????

The root/ROM/hack sub-forum here has instructions at http://forums.androidcentral.com/ep...95-rooting-ei22-gingerbread-instructions.html -- I haven't done them myself yet, but I think this is the method most people are using to root EI22. I hope this helps. Some video files are in a thread here, at http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-epic-4g/132176-acs-how-everything-ei22-gingerbread.html too. I didn't compare right now, but I think they have basically the same thing.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

bit of a noob with kind of a dumb question, but I was having issues with my phone so I flashed it back to stock using odin, then installed GB when I was advised to by Sprint.

The battery life on stock with GB is freakin terrible, and I want to install the new ACS ROM, which leads to my question:

is it possible to root after Gingerbread, or should I just roll it back to stock again and root from sock Eclair?

any help would be appreciated

Cheers!

Yes it is possible.... Follow the instructions as stated in the previous post (thank you, Dronak) and you can re root your phone.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Yes it is possible.... Follow the instructions as stated in the previous post (thank you, Dronak) and you can re root your phone.

The process as listed goes smoothly. Just a side note though, if you let it boot back into GB before going into recovery, the stock OS will actually put the stock recovery back...

Reactions: Paul627g