If you flash roms on your Epic, PLEASE watch this

qbking77

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Alright everyone... future development for the Epic will start moving quickly, and I ask that everyone PLEASE watches this and pays attention to eliminate future questions. This video explains MTD. Please keep discussion going, as I'd like to see this on the first page for everyone.

WATCH THIS:
MTD on the Samsung Epic 4G (Please watch) - YouTube

Don't be afraid to subscribe and give it a thumbs up ;)

rsard

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
What is the potential for the epic 4g vs newer hardware now that this new system is going to be used.

Btw what wallpaper is that?

Dronak

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't use live wallpapers to help conserve battery, but I was curious about that, too. :)

Thanks for the video. I get the general idea about different partitions and file systems being available now/soon. It sounds like there are advantages to the newer ones. But it also seems like some extra work will be involved to switch between them. Having to Odin back to stock before switching ROMs isn't exactly ideal, but I guess it's necessary at the moment. But maybe eventually developers will figure out a way to make that easier. Thanks for the info. I'll have to try to keep an eye on this when looking at ROMs.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I bricked two epics and a nook color with Odin. I have one epic safely rooted and will NEVER take that chance again. It's rooted and it will stay that way. There are plenty of roms out for it and i've downloaded most of them already. If my daughter gets tired of the one she has, I will flash a new one for her or load a new theme. But I will not use Odin ever again. I will also never again buy a phone that requires the use of Odin to root it.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G sing Tapatalk

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I bricked two epics and a nook color with Odin. I have one epic safely rooted and will NEVER take that chance again. It's rooted and it will stay that way. There are plenty of roms out for it and i've downloaded most of them already. If my daughter gets tired of the one she has, I will flash a new one for her or load a new theme. But I will not use Odin ever again. I will also never again buy a phone that requires the use of Odin to root it.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G sing Tapatalk

Sounds like you were traumatized by Odin, lol! Thankfully, I've had nothing but good fortune with Odin! **knock on wood**

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like you were traumatized by Odin, lol! Thankfully, I've had nothing but good fortune with Odin! **knock on wood**

1st time I used it, I bricked my nook. I somewhat fixed it by making a bootable image on my SD card. It's. Not as smooth and lags more than it did but it is usable.

The next Odin experiance was a disaster. Plugged it in, Odin gave it a green light meaning it recognized it and was connected. Started the process and it stopped dead. Left it plugged in overnight, tried the battery pull trick, the SD card pull. Nothing would get it started. The only left to do was unplug it. Once I did that, it lost download mode. No download mode means your epic just got the kiss of death.

3rd attempt with Odin, I didn't do anything different and it went without a hitch,my epic was finally rooted. So easy it lulled me into a false since of security.

So feeling a bit cocky, I told my daughter I would root her epic and it would be a piece of cake. You can imagine how I felt with my daughter crying over her totally dead epic. After the tears came the anger. Yes the same exact thing happened again. The kiss of death to her epic. No more download mode.

Now I'm rocking a rooted, romed, kerneled and themed nexus. Odin can kiss my - - -! :)

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech