Hulu with Gingerbread?

adlebo

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
With froyo I flashed a zip which altered adobe flash and allowed me to play hulu video on my epic. However since we got updated to gingerbread that method didn't work anymore and made the phone unbootable. But I came across this post [MOD] Hulu Hack 10.3/GB - xda-developers in which they seemed to make hulu work with gingerbread as well. My question for you guys is, I'm not sure if I can flash that zip being that I'm just on stock rooted gingerbread. I saw something mentioned about a requirement of a kernel that supports something which I didn't understand!. Do you think I can flash this zip without flashing a custom rom? Thanks!

Dronak

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I guess you're talking about this requirement: "Kernel with init.d support (most custom kernels with root support) and root". I'm no expert so you'll probably want someone else's input on this, but to me, that sounds like it probably won't work with simply rooted stock. However, as I understand it, you can install custom kernels without installing a full custom ROM, so you might consider that option if it's really only something in the kernel that's needed for this Hulu mod. I think the kernels can usually be flashed in CWM/recovery, but look around for more info and/or see what others have to say. I hope this is of some help.

Reactions: adlebo

adlebo

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
I installed "mostly stock rom", so I have a custom kernel. Went ahead and flashed the above mentioned hulu zip. I even executed the file mentioned there using root explorer. But with no success. It still says hulu isn't supported on my mobile format. Did anyone have success with the hulu fix on gingerbread?

flastnoles11

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
With froyo I flashed a zip which altered adobe flash and allowed me to play hulu video on my epic. However since we got updated to gingerbread that method didn't work anymore and made the phone unbootable. But I came across this post [MOD] Hulu Hack 10.3/GB - xda-developers in which they seemed to make hulu work with gingerbread as well. My question for you guys is, I'm not sure if I can flash that zip being that I'm just on stock rooted gingerbread. I saw something mentioned about a requirement of a kernel that supports something which I didn't understand!. Do you think I can flash this zip without flashing a custom rom? Thanks!

This will only work with adobe flash 10.3.xxxxx. if you have the newer update version it will not work... I'm sure someone will think of something soon though

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance