Bricked after Odin flash?

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone i have a sprint SPH-D700 epic 4g, gingerbread i was attempting to root it to get rid of the camera flasher sound when i used instructions i found on this site.

Rooting EI22 after OTA or Google update [11/10] - xda-developers

Odin progress stopped in middle and then i unplugged the phone, now all it show is a phone and a computer, with an exclamation point in the middle... i can occasionally get back to the download screen, but regardless of what screen i am on Odin does not recognize my phone.

i just need to get my phone back working, my son is home sick... and i just need my phone back working...

please excuse any informality, but can someone please help me, thanks ahead of time!

BIG CEEZEEWEZZIE

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Please help me urgent!!!!

Can you still get access to the recovery if you do thhe 3 finger slute? ( press and hold the power key, camera button, and vol down key at the same time it'll you see the bottom captive buttons light). if you can is it factory recovery or clockwork?

ShaLea

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

Your phone may be fried. This happened to me. I took it to Sprint & told them that I rebooted and this is what happened (i.e., black screen w/computer &exclamation point). The guy didn't bother trying to fix it, just replaced the phone. He said the phone was fried.

I read somewhere that some ppl were able to recover from this, but I don't know where the link is & don't remember what they did to recover from this.

sorry.

jmuru

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

If you can get to d/l mode, you still have hope. If your son is sick and time is a big factor, you should do as the post above this says and return your phone in to Sprint and hope for a replacement. If you have some time, you can prolly get it working again by changing cables, USB ports, operating systems, drivers, etc. As long as you have download mode, you should theoretically be able to get your phone working again.

eharty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site

I have had that happen several times. I was always able to get it into download mode by first removing the micro SD card. If all else fails you could also try hardware reset.

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site

thanks for everyone's help and concern, for some weird reason switching the usb cord made a world of difference and i was able to finish the flash, my camera shutter sound is gone... and my phone is rooted.... not looking forward to going thru that big problem again, and the little guy is feeling better, so everything turned out great

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

thanks for everyone's help and concern, for some weird reason switching the usb cord made a world of difference and i was able to finish the flash, my camera shutter sound is gone... and my phone is rooted.... not looking forward to going thru that big problem again, and the little guy is feeling better, so everything turned out great

USB cable is the #1 fault/problem of connection issues with Odin.

Its funny because the same cable can charge your phone properly, even make mass storage connection to transfer files back and forth from device to computer but for some reason doesn't provide the right connection for Odin. Normally anyone involved with rooting and flashing files on a regular basis will pick up an extra USB cable or two off Amazon or Ebay, etc for a few bucks a piece to have on hand.

Glad you got it resolved.

demopedro

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone post a site on a USB cable they think should work? (AKA QUALITY cable with thick guage wires and solid contacts?)

Maybe an eBay ad?

I know the stock Samsung cable has been reported to have problems, and a LOT of the cables you buy on eBay are CHEAP!!!!! Also.....try to watch the length....the shorter the better!!!! (In most cases!!!)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone post a site on a USB cable they think should work? (AKA QUALITY cable with thick guage wires and solid contacts?)

Maybe an eBay ad?

I know the stock Samsung cable has been reported to have problems, and a LOT of the cables you buy on eBay are CHEAP!!!!! Also.....try to watch the length....the shorter the better!!!! (In most cases!!!)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU1529854

This was the exact cable I grabbed when my stock Samsung cable took a dump and it works great.. I use it on my wife's Epic 4g and constantly on my NS4G. I ordered two of them and they work...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad