[ROM][EPIC 4G][CM9] CM9: CyanogenMod v 9.1.0 -Stable

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: CM9: CyanogenMod v 9.0.0-RCO-EpicMTD-KANG Released!!!!

No it is just got titled incorrectly. Maybe one of the Mods can fix this?

CM9 is currently @ Alpha v1 as seen here

@ OP (sonarchist) and all...

I updated the thread title to reflect the current version and also added the " [ ] " brackets so its found in search's a little easier.

Enjoy :)

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
@ OP (sonarchist) and all...

I updated the thread title to reflect the current version and also added the " [ ] " brackets so its found in search's a little easier.

Enjoy :)

Paul, we were hoping we could count on you..........Thank You!

When I first posted this thread the description of the ROM build that I had just downloaded and was currently running was clearly stated on 'About Phone' + described the build with the language, 'RCO,' (just look at the fourth screen shot --About Phone-- that I attached to my second post). However, the download file itself is aptly titled 'Alpha-0'...........the update information for Alpha-1 has changed, now the description in About Phone lists the build as a 'Nightly', interesting stuff, yes?

I will continue to change the builds on the OP as these become manifest on the CM9 site.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

raysun

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I used TiB to restore certain critical apps and data (e.g. Angry Birds, Touchdown) from prior ROM backups, and it worked fine for me. TiB is the only backup program that I know of that allows data restore.

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
The green tint is in fact definitely voodoo color related. It's already been confirmed. The ROM is only called an alpha on a technicality, because "cm9" is currently an alpha on "all" devices because fixes and functionalities that CM itself usually has haven't been integrated/merged yet. So technically speaking this is in fact on status for being called a "release candidate" based on the minimal bugs list and overall ability to be a daily driver.

Reactions: sonarchist

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't believe this is related to the kernel specifically. This is something in ICS that we have been dealing with on the Nexus S 4g. Its something the kernel devs have almost completely eliminated it. Give them a little time and I'm sure they will get it eliminated.

I have not seen green tint on either Shadow, nor Shuriken while running CM9............but once in a while this would happen w/ Samurai (on CM7) when overclocking/undervolting.................I have yet to get green tint running the CM9 stock kernel (back again after testing a few themes and a few kernels in the length of a few days :)...................since this is ICS related we will have to keep searching for clues as to how to eliminate it, short of having to reflash the kernel (which is easy enough to do, but not a real 'fix'.)

In the words of ShadowKernel dev bbelos: "the green tint is usually related to Voodoo Color due to screen brightness and too low of gamma value..." ............. IOW, the surrounding light conditions may have an effect.

Robbie Doo

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: CM9: CyanogenMod v 9.0.0-RCO-EpicMTD-KANG Released!!!!

I had this same issue in my car, I just deleted the registered phone and re-sync'd to my car, is now working great.

Butters3605, I resetted my system in the car and re-paired the phone but I get the same thing. Only the Media is showing. I get a msg "No phone is inserted or connected".

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:
Reactions: Robbie Doo

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Not yet.

edit: mixed reviews re beta, however awaiting official release very very soon :) *edit2: ref post #53.........new beta works gr8!

.......sent via .::CyanogenModdedM920::.......

Last edited:

rockets95

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM][EPIC 4G][CM9] CM9: CyanogenMod v 9.0.0-Alpha 1

Has anyone figured out how to get rid of the voicemail nag message? I keep getting the pending voicemail gray message popping up, it's getting rather annoying.

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
One inquiry though, the ICS doesn't offer swype?

Sign up for and download the beta. I use a stock ICS themed version of the newest beta and it works fine for me and matches perfectly. I don't have the link handy atm but I'll update this post once I find it.

Reactions: sonarchist

Robbie Doo

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

I have Groove IP installed also. However, I just discovered the regular dialer doesn't work anymore. I get an error msg "Error 16, switch 286". Anyone know what that is?

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site

Sign up for and download the beta. I use a stock ICS themed version of the newest beta and it works fine for me and matches perfectly. I don't have the link handy atm but I'll update this post once I find it.

Thanks for this update Zeinzu...........I had not had good luck w/ the recent beta (on CM9) + had even removed the ICS keyboard.apk on my 2nd go-round, so am glad to see your good results posted here as a positive sign ............will grab a fresh download + give this another shot.........hopefully, the promised new version will make its appearance very soon! *edit = new beta v3.26.92.37604 now on board...........appears to be completely synced w/ CM9, working gr8 ;) updating previous post to reflect this edit.

Last edited:

ipmsci

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site

Has anyone figured out how to get rid of the voicemail nag message? I keep getting the pending voicemail gray message popping up, it's getting rather annoying.

Go into your app manager and clear the data on "phone"

Won't be permanent but is the only way atm

There's also this thread over at XDA.

Last edited:

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Latest news from Epic CM team blog: Coming soon in CM9 alpha2 for Epic 4G

Also includes a few common mistakes people do in CM9.
Hummmm: your update, a bright light for sore eyes, lol!.............to mention one example: have been shooting 70 second 'test' clips using stock kernel at 720p, (+ additionally, all of the 3rd party kernels that are currently available,) but still get video tearing + some off-sync..........so am stoked that Alpha2 will address video, not to mention all of the other good things presented in the Alpha 2 update................Thank You so much for this + for all of the good work that you do on the CM Epic Team! ;)

(*Fix restore of gapps during CM9 upgrades, so you do not need to reflash gapps-ics anymore)
GitHub detail entry 02/06/12

Last edited:
Reactions: funktron2x

Robbie Doo

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Amazingly beautifu rom. Everything works perfect. I haven't had any issues since installation a few days ago. I even tried the GPS yesterday. It works correctly.

The only thing I can't find is the Task Manager (assuming it's gone forever), which would've given a little longer battery life.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

Amazingly beautifu rom. Everything works perfect. I haven't had any issues since installation a few days ago. I even tried the GPS yesterday. It works correctly.

The only thing I can't find is the Task Manager (assuming it's gone forever), which would've given a little longer battery life.

I agree! This is a very sexy rom! Battery life could be a little better but its not that bad. I'm sure it will improve as updated builds come from the devs.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz