[ROM][EPIC 4G][CM9] CM9: CyanogenMod v 9.1.0 -Stable

rraman3110

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][EPIC 4G][CM9] CM9: CyanogenMod v 9.0.0-Alpha 1

I agree! This is a very sexy rom! Battery life could be a little better but its not that bad. I'm sure it will improve as updated builds come from the devs.

I know if you hold down the Home button it brings up a list of recent apps. It is almost like the cards idea from Palm and HP's WebOS. When the recent apps load up just swipe away the apps you dont want open and they should close (assuming it performs in the same way as WebOS "card idea").

I dont know if this is similar to the task manager of previous android versions. Because, I do not know if this is truly closing apps.

funktron2x

Tweakerer
May 4, 2011
Visit site

I haven't been this excited for a new ROM build yet. ICS on Epic is far more than I ever thought I'd get from Sammy/Sprint.

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: CM9 alpha2 for Epic 4G released

Thanks for the heads up warren, ...........updating OP, + looking forward to the continued fluidity of CM9 :) you guys ROCK!

Edit: new kernel is King!........as a sorta trial gesture, had dl'd Chrome Beta, right prior to Alpha-2, and it's colors are shining right onto the other side of this update........+ navigating all of my 1st round tests swimmingly around this new build...........jolly good, say I!!!

*edit: no flash on Chrome beta, hummmm, how to push motion graphics onto Alpha-2 w/out flash?.............ICS! (working this 1 out :) )

Last edited:

rockets95

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site

I installed alpha2 and I'm still having issues with auto-rotation working properly. I have the two system settings checked properly. I also have the notification toggle set and it still won't auto rotate properly. Anyone have any ideas on this one?

Robbie Doo

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

After installing Alpha2 I get an annoying error msg popping up every few seconds "Unfortunately (some chinese or korean word) stopped working". Maybe the chinese or korean word was trying to tell me that the keypad stopped working because that was the only thing that wasn't working.

Since it was too annoying I went back to Alpha1, awaiting input from others.

eharty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site

After installing Alpha2 I get an annoying error msg popping up every few seconds "Unfortunately (some chinese or korean word) stopped working". Maybe the chinese or korean word was trying to tell me that the keypad stopped working because that was the only thing that wasn't working.

Since it was too annoying I went back to Alpha1, awaiting input from others.

I had the same problem. Go to Settings => Language & input and make sure that "Language" is set to English and also the "Default" under Keyboard & Input Methods is set to English. This should fix the problem.

Both were set to Japanese when I first flashed Alpha 2.

Reactions: Robbie Doo

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

Was the toggle 4G(WiMax) in the notification bar fixed or not?? I freakin LOVE this rom!! Glad to hear that they fixed the distorted phone calls too.

Robbie Doo

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Was the toggle 4G(WiMax) in the notification bar fixed or not?? I freakin LOVE this rom!! Glad to hear that they fixed the distorted phone calls too.

Yes, GrooveRite, it was fixed. And, you don't need to re-flash the gsapps anymore anytime you update the CM. :)

Butters3605

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site

I had two galleries, deleted the Gallery2.apk with Root Explorer from the /system/app. Left the GoogleGallery.apk

now I only have the one working Gallery.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Sounds like a mistake in the GAPPs package... They forgot to remove the Galley2.apk when it installed the GoogleGallery.apk

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site

ok.......alpha-2, after 24 hours:

4G from toggle: Chk
Audio on calls: Chk
Low memory fix (battery life is better): Chk
Manual brightness from setting slider: Chk
1 min 50 sec Video w/out tearing/100% AV Sync: Chk
Gapps update (no need to re-flash): Since I have yet to re-flash..........will have to wait + see :)

Otherwise, have had a very steady ride on alpha-2 so far........details, to follow in coming days.

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Google Gallery is actually the older one. You deleted the one from the newer gapps.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like a mistake in the GAPPs package... They forgot to remove the Galley2.apk when it installed the GoogleGallery.apk

There is evidence, or known testimony rather, that an alpha-2 flash from total wipe x 3 (cache, dalvik, factory data) installs only one gallery, as some of the apps from prior data remain on system without total wipe.........will have to wait till done testing to re-flash, but that day will come ;) .....as things stand, am also attempting to define current values from a 'cache / dalvik' ONLY wipe prior to alpha-2 flash...........will cross that bridge soon as I acquire the time to manually install all of my apps.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

There is evidence, or known testimony rather, that an alpha-2 flash from total wipe x 3 (cache, dalvik, factory data) installs only one gallery, as some of the apps from prior data remain on system without total wipe.........will have to wait till done testing to re-flash, but that day will come ;) .....as things stand, am also attempting to define current values from a 'cache / dalvik' ONLY wipe prior to alpha-2 flash...........will cross that bridge soon as I acquire the time to manually install all of my apps.

Completely understandable, if you do a dirty flash it will leave some of the old behind..

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
A quick near-clean is to do a total wipe x 3, install alpha-2 + gapps, then advanced data-only restore from recovery (using good nandroid created prior to wipe)............results in one gallery only (new one) using this method............CM Epic Team is advising 100% wipe then clean install, including apps, for optimum CM9 performance (going forward)...........with new gapps this would be a worthwhile investment of time.............. (did clean install for alpha-0, + performance has been really awesome on this ROM since).

Robbie Doo

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

I just have an inquiry/question. I created an account with CM but the confirmation email never arrives. And there's no-way you can contact anyone. Does anyone know what other routes I can take to finalize the account creation?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20