[ROM][EPIC 4G][CM9] CM9: CyanogenMod v 9.1.0 -Stable

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM][EPIC 4G][CM9] CM9: CyanogenMod v 9.0.0-BETA-0

Is anyone having problems receiving pictures through SMS??...cause I am :( Is this a known problem or am I missing something??

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site

Is anyone having problems receiving pictures through SMS??...cause I am :( Is this a known problem or am I missing something??

SMS was specifically authored for transmission of 160 characters maximum; however, as we all know we have been exceeding the original specs + expectations for sometime, especially w/ the split text fix..............the picture transmission is a known problem, but not everyone is experiencing it.............personally, am still able to receive both pix + small video clips, but am not counting on this as a stable use of SMS since this became a known issue............anyone have an alternative other than email?

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

SMS was specifically authored for transmission of 160 characters maximum; however, as we all know we have been exceeding the original specs + expectations for sometime, especially w/ the split text fix..............the picture transmission is a known problem, but not everyone is experiencing it.............personally, am still able to receive both pix + small video clips, but am not counting on this as a stable use of SMS since this became a known issue............anyone have an alternative other than email?

So you're essentially saying that my particular cells ability to receive pics through text message is broken and can't be fixed?!?! If so, that sucks, lol! I suppose I can live without it but.....it bothers me when something doesn't work that should......lol...

rockets95

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site

I recently updated to CM9 beta2. I have a car dock and use Galaxy Dock Sound Redirector. It has a setting to maximize your media volume when connected, then resume it to the previous setting when disconnected. For some reason with beta2, it seems to be modifying the ringer volume when I have that setting enabled. For instance, if my phone is on vibrate (no ringer volume) and I connect it to the dock, it will modify the ringer volume to take it out of vibrate mode. I'd like the ringer volume to stay the same, as it had previously. If I turn off the app setting to max volume it doesn't modify the ringer volume.

I didn't see this on beta1, so I'm thinking it's a side product of something that was changed with the volume on beta2.

Has anyone encountered this issue or have any suggestions/workarounds to fix it?

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
So you're essentially saying that my particular cells ability to receive pics through text message is broken and can't be fixed?!?! If so, that sucks, lol! I suppose I can live without it but.....it bothers me when something doesn't work that should......lol...

Q: have you had the opportunity to explore 3rd party apps (ie Handcent SMS) to finetune your mms apns?............a few of these are awesome on ics based ROMs, but caveat the fact some users are still somehow subject to bugs.............hard to pin the issue absent a log.

Last edited:

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I recently updated to CM9 beta2. I have a car dock and use Galaxy Dock Sound Redirector. It has a setting to maximize your media volume when connected, then resume it to the previous setting when disconnected. For some reason with beta2, it seems to be modifying the ringer volume when I have that setting enabled. For instance, if my phone is on vibrate (no ringer volume) and I connect it to the dock, it will modify the ringer volume to take it out of vibrate mode. I'd like the ringer volume to stay the same, as it had previously. If I turn off the app setting to max volume it doesn't modify the ringer volume.

I didn't see this on beta1, so I'm thinking it's a side product of something that was changed with the volume on beta2.

Has anyone encountered this issue or have any suggestions/workarounds to fix it?

The short answer: NyanColonel 4.1 (Atarashii), Marcusant's (XDA) new kernel...........it includes Bbelos' (EPIC CM Team) tweaks that address your issue..........hope this helps.
**edit: also, if you'd like to stay 100% cm stock you can try wtogami's new experimental kernel on cm-blogspot............comes in a temp version --from reboot this reverts you back to whatever kernel you were running-- OR ELSE a permanent that can become the daily if you find that the temp has fixed your issue.

Last edited:

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM][EPIC 4G][CM9] CM9: CyanogenMod v 9.0.0-BETA-2

Q: have you had the opportunity to explore 3rd party apps (ie Handcent SMS) to finetune your mms apns?............a few of these are awesome on ics based ROMs, but caveat the fact some users are still somehow subject to bugs.............hard to pin the issue absent a log.

Thanks for the suggestions! Not really a big deal but I am starting to miss my brothers pictures of my adorable 1 year old niece. I'll look into other options and figure something out.

LanceEpicSprint

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site

no prpblems at all woth sms or receiving sending pictures, works a charm! (occasionaly will get send error, when it does actually in fact send):cool:

any more updates o releases on beta (like the voivemail update?)

What about a way to get sprint TV back on our phones , bro?

wimayhem

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I am still a little new to the whole CM9 scene. to run the temp kernel do I just install from sdcard in CWM? I am going to run the temp for 24 hours and then if all is good switch to the permenant. Then do I install that the same as stated above? thank you

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I am still a little new to the whole CM9 scene. to run the temp kernel do I just install from sdcard in CWM? I am going to run the temp for 24 hours and then if all is good switch to the permenant. Then do I install that the same as stated above? thank you

YES.......DL your temp kernel to your dl folder on sd card; boot to recovery; wipe cache + dalvik cache; choose zip fr sd card (your kernel.zip); flash zip from sd card; flash completes, THEN wipe both caches again; reboot to system...............that's it...........repeat w/ perm kernel if performance improves, if *not* temp disappears from re-boot........nice, huh?

rockets95

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site

The short answer: NyanColonel 4.1 (Atarashii), Marcusant's (XDA) new kernel...........it includes Bbelos' (EPIC CM Team) tweaks that address your issue..........hope this helps.
**edit: also, if you'd like to stay 100% cm stock you can try wtogami's new experimental kernel on cm-blogspot............comes in a temp version --from reboot this reverts you back to whatever kernel you were running-- OR ELSE a permanent that can become the daily if you find that the temp has fixed your issue.

I tried wtogami's experimental kernel and that seems to have fixed this issue. I currently am testing it via temp boot, but it's looking good so far. Probably make it daily tomorrow. Thanks again for the help!

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site

I tried wtogami's experimental kernel and that seems to have fixed this issue. I currently am testing it via temp boot, but it's looking good so far. Probably make it daily tomorrow. Thanks again for the help!

No problem.........thnx for posting your results! Perhaps others may benefit using the new kernel as well..........looks like it's gonna be included on Beta3..........can't wait! :)

wimayhem

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Temp kernel is way better. Everything is faster. Gps locked on better then ever before on my epic. I think battery life seems better as well. I will be moving to permanent after 24hrs on temp

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

Just to let you guys know, I re-flashed beta2 BUT wiped dalvik this time around and my send/receive pic problem has been resolved. I guess that was my small bug for not wiping since alpha3, lol!!

ShaLea

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
ok Ive been with CWM9 for a while, but really want my pictures back n the last 2 betas don't view some of my picture folders.

if I wanted to go back to EL30 stock, & have a back up, does anyone know if I can wipe n restore my EL30?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
ok Ive been with CWM9 for a while, but really want my pictures back n the last 2 betas don't view some of my picture folders.

if I wanted to go back to EL30 stock, & have a back up, does anyone know if I can wipe n restore my EL30?

Prior to restoring your 'stock' EL30 backup from recovery, be sure to ODIN back to stock (then you can ODIN bbelos' BML ShadowKernel-EL30 tar......... a good choice for your BML stock ROM as this kernel will give you root w/ CWM Recovery, see link below).............reason: CM9's recovery is CM/MTD + you'll need a BML Recovery to flash your stock backup........UNLESS your EL30 stock IS MTD, in which case you could probably restore from CWM5.5.0.4 presently on CM9.

link to bbelos' EL30 BML ShadowKernel:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=21830188&postcount=1

Last edited:
Reactions: ShaLea

brooks7210

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

runnig cm9 on lg optimus s runs great a few bugs netflix plays sound but no video hbo go not suppoerted and no voivemail, it looks great and runs smooth.

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
runnig cm9 on lg optimus s runs great a few bugs netflix plays sound but no video hbo go not suppoerted and no voivemail, it looks great and runs smooth.

That's awesome but what does it have to do with the Epic or the Epic's cm9 build?

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

It seems like a lot of android devices are getting their own taste of CM9 compared to previous iterations of CyanogenMod. I like this. :)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon