i miss swype :(

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
You can download the latest beta version of Swype on any ROM...
beta.swype.com

Incorrect. This only applies for any rom that doesn't have swype integrated into the system. If it's integrated you have to delete any associated data from data/data/, remove the swype.apk from system/apps/, as well as the lib file in system/libs/ before installing the new beta.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

theabsolutezer0

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Use ti backup or similar program to uninstall pre-loaded swype, then mount filesystem and use root explorer (or similar program) to delete libswypecore from your system/lib folder, then run the beta installer.

Sent from my Randomized SPH-D700

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
Use ti backup or similar program to uninstall pre-loaded swype, then mount filesystem and use root explorer (or similar program) to delete libswypecore from your system/lib folder, then run the beta installer.

Sent from my Randomized SPH-D700
Can somebody give me more specific steps for this? I'm not versed enough in the lingo to do it yet, but I might be with a step-by-step.

adlebo

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm running cm9. I downloaded Swype from beta.Swype.com and installed it without deleting anything. if you decide to odin back to stock El30 your old Swype should still be there. Simple

george1614

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
i hate swipe. I have been super happy with swiftkey x, try the free version for 30 days. I bet you will buy it! it makes life so much easier

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
I got the Swype beta to work! I am so much happier with Swype! I did have a couple of force closes, but did the whole thing over and so far it has worked. I used a guide that I found here.

To summarize it:

1) you need Root Explorer (pay or google for a free download), install it and give it Superuser rights
2) In Root Explorer, go to \system\app then press the button at the top that says [Mount R/W] which will change it to [Mount R/O]
3) Scroll down to Swype.apk, long press it and select Delete and then confim
4) the guide said to also delete Swype.odex the same way in that same location, but I didn't find it so skipped that step
5) In Root Explorer go to \system\lib and search (using magnifying glass hot key) for SWYPE.
6) Delete the folders it finds like you did before (mine had 2)
7) Reboot and then go Menu>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All> Scroll down and see if Swype is there. If not, it is off the phone!
8) Install the Beta Swype that you downloaded following their directions.

Like I said, I had some trouble installing the new swype with mine saying I didn't have enough memory and then force closing, but I just rebooted and tried again and it worked fine.

UPDATE: I just did this on my wife's Epic. I followed my directions to make sure that they are complete. Every problem I had on my phone I had on hers. I just rebooted and tried again.

SWYPE ROCKS!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae