Help get me to EL30 from Mostly Stock EI22?

EpicAl

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have the Mostly Stock EI22 installed and I'd like to go to EL30. I want the little circular battery meter that came with the Mostly Stock build and I want the EL30 modem.

What are the steps I need to take to get there and still have a fully functioning rooted Epic?

1. Nandroid backup using CWM 5.0.2.7
2. ?
3. ?
4. ?
etc.

I'm sure it's been posted in pieces but I haven't been able to find it all in one place and I get confused by the options that are discussed, such as EXT4 and whatever else I could have may have unknowingly installed as part of the Mostly Stock build. Thanks in advance. :D

george1614

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
i was just like you. i moved to Clean GB 1.2.1 [BML] , its the best stock ROM

you can add it using ROM Manager from the app store or find the zip and add it using clockwork recovery.

goodluck

cheburashka

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
If you want to save data to use in new rom then step 0 is TI backup (I use MyBackup Pro) to backup apps (and app data), sms/mms, system settings, etc.

2. do Erase Data/Factory Restore (3x), cache (3x), advanced-->dalvik cache (3x)

3. Install zip from sd.

EpicAl

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, I bit the bullet and installed CleanGB 1.1.2 and Odined the EL30 modem. So far, so good. I think the battery life was a bit better on Mostly Stock, but that's purely subjective.

One question about CleanGB -- It includes ADW Launcher, which I don't want, as I use Launcher Pro. How do I go about uninstalling ADW now? I thought about using the feature in Titanium Backup to force remove it, but was unsure if this would cause problems. I don't see any other simple uninstall method.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
You can most certainly use Titanium Backup to remove the launcher. Make sure you have Launcher Pro installed first so when it does uninstall you have a launcher to take place of the old one ;)

TheRidge

TheRidge
Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Usually when I have problems like that, I go to youtube and watch qbking77. He has a HUGE list of trouble shooting posts for the SG4g. Ive learned everything I know so far, from him.He even has a video that addresses your problem exactly. Check him out.
Hope this helps,
Ridge :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis