Odin keeps crashing

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I haven't been in here forever but after having my Epic stock for a couple of months, I want to root it again. I've got all the things set up, my Epic is being recognized just fine but for some reason Odin crashes on me. I've deleted all previous Odin files and it still crashes on me. Has this happened to anyone else?

Edit: even tried previous versions of Odin and they all have had the same results.

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I haven't been in here forever but after having my Epic stock for a couple of months, I want to root it again. I've got all the things set up, my Epic is being recognized just fine but for some reason Odin crashes on me. I've deleted all previous Odin files and it still crashes on me. Has this happened to anyone else?

Edit: even tried previous versions of Odin and they all have had the same results.

Q: if you are trying to go back to BML stock after running a stock MTD ROM, ODIN requires that you place the victory.pit + select autoreboot as well as re-partition before you hit 'start'.............is this what's happening?
Otherwise --after sev months running stock (non-MTD)-- you have a few different ways to root, including one click root (GB only, from EC05) or else you: (1) ODIN direct to EL30 using the new EL30 tar, then (2) ODIN the CWM5 recovery but do NOT auto-reboot, then (3) boot to CWM5 recovery + root by flashing the su zip.........hope this works.

sent via...::CM9/EPIC::...

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Q: if you are trying to go back to BML stock after running a stock MTD ROM, ODIN requires that you place the victory.pit + select autoreboot as well as re-partition before you hit 'start'.............is this what's happening?
Otherwise --after sev months running stock (non-MTD)-- you have a few different ways to root, including one click root (GB only, from EC05) or else you: (1) ODIN direct to EL30 using the new EL30 tar, then (2) ODIN the CWM5 recovery but do NOT auto-reboot, then (3) boot to CWM5 recovery + root by flashing the su zip.........hope this works.

sent via...::CM9/EPIC::...

That might've been why. But anyways, it worked when I flashed the old EC05.tar file (I don't know how, it just did). Now, I upgraded to CM9 and all I'm trying to figure out now is how to get the EL30 modem.

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Good call Paul!..............looks like some of the devs there are working to push out a rooted version of the EL30 tar (w/ modem), can't wait!.....this will make it that much easier to go back to stock EL30 (in case you have to take the device in for service) or else rooted stock EL30 to be able to flash clean installs from.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy