Jelly Bean Rom for Epic 4g?

Brandon489

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Hey all I am new to the forums, but not the epic so I hope I can become a helpful part of the forum. I am currently running CM9 ICS Rom on my Epic and I am anxiously waiting CM10. Has anyone seen a stable jelly bean rom out there yet?

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
No, and source has been out all of what, a week? Be more patient.

Sent from my SPH-D700 CM9 RC2 ANDROID 4.0.4

kenrico

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Not going to be early alpha adopter on the Bean. That being said will probably follow CM10 progress daily.

One of the reasons I am not in a hurry , heard about lack of flash - but early reports say it works, just not dl or guarenteed - so sure there will be a solution.

Rocking CM9 RC2 now, and the only thing I miss that I haven't found a solution for is All Share .

Kenny
Sent from my SPH-D700 using Android Central Forums

Brandon489

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I am incredibly patient. Quit being so cranky. lol. I am happy on CM9 take your time. I am not your typical whiny user trust me. I am happy to have what I have. Especially considering ics was never meant to be released for the EPIC it is great to have gone past gingerbread.

Brandon489

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Not going to be early alpha adopter on the Bean. That being said will probably follow CM10 progress daily.

One of the reasons I am not in a hurry , heard about lack of flash - but early reports say it works, just not dl or guarenteed - so sure there will be a solution.

Rocking CM9 RC2 now, and the only thing I miss that I haven't found a solution for is All Share .

Kenny
Sent from my SPH-D700 using Android Central Forums

I heard about flash dropping 4.1 and beyond, but I also heard about that for ics. I know that people running 4.1.1 on tablets have flash not to say that will apply elsewhere. I am sure there will be a provider to fill the gap.

EpicAl

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
full_epic4gtouch-ota-eng.sbrissen-ALPHA3.rar ? zip? but, I flashed that onto my e4g using clockwork recovery ... i think that's what i put on there..
.. works great.. here's a screen shot for the details.. View attachment 41275 View attachment 41276 It came without GOOGLE. there's no google on my phone. but if you think about it, you can do all the google stuff in the browser. and i really really like this browser. it plays youtubes.

So. this phone is not connected to google as such, no more than what comes through the browser.

This is the Epic 4G (SPH-D700) forum, not Epic 4G Touch (SPH-D710). You're posting ROM info for the E4G TOUCH, not the E4G. Any E4G owners installing this ROM will soon have a nice Samsung-branded paperweight (AKA Brick) for their desktop viewing pleasure.

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I've been using CM10 for about a week and a half now. I'm currently still running 10/6 nightly. When I was using CM9 I would easily get a full day with using SmartassV2 governor, on CM10 they've removed a few of the governors for whatever reason and battery life is pretty bad tbh..

If I were to leave my phone overnight at 100% I would wake up with it around 70%, so in my case I lose around 4% an hour of battery life without doing anything..

There are also some restarts every now and then, but it doesn't happen often enough to be a concern to me. Google now worked great and was fast when I first dled CM10, but after I restored all my apps, and info it takes a couple seconds to start.

One of my main reasons for going to CM10 was because the camera is finally fixed.

So if you are comfortable with CM9 then stay.

On a side note, can someone answer me this question: I'm new to the whole nightlies thing, if I wanted to update to the latest nightly do I just download it, go to recovery and install. OR do I have to back everything up again and then restore?

EpicAl

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
On a side note, can someone answer me this question: I'm new to the whole nightlies thing, if I wanted to update to the latest nightly do I just download it, go to recovery and install. OR do I have to back everything up again and then restore?

CM10 nightlies only require a d-load and flash, but be sure to wipe cache and dalvik cache before rebooting. I do a full nandroid backup only of the last config I want to go back to, but then I don't store much non-syncable data on my Epic, and it doesn't bother me to lose a couple day's worth of texts or browser history.

boocephus

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
S'up guys. I got a new job and have been too busy to screw around with my phone. Seems like CM9 has gotten kind of weird over the last couple weeks. I haven't updated anything except for some apps, but swype quit working and the GPS seems to be a little weird. A couple of my tasker plugins quit working too. I was thinking about taking the plunge and doing CM10, but I can't deal with crap battery life again. My son has an Epic 4g and his is just rooted GB. Of course he has 100 useless apps on it. I was tryign to fix something for him and was surprised that some of it seemed pretty darned snappy compared to my phone. I have to admit, I am considering downgrading to CM7 to see how it works.