Customizing cm10?

StoneRyno

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to include a couple apps that make restoring easier after flashing cm10 from a clean wipe. I have enough apps on my device that the auto recovery of my google account after a clean wipe and flash is problematic due to needed space exceeding internal storage. Basically I end up having to go through a process of moving apps around after the auto recovery of my apps. I use link2sd to maximize the amount of space freed from internal storage for apps that will be on the SD card. So it would be helpful if this app and titanium backup are on the device right after flashing. That way link2sd can be setup right away to begin linking apps as they are installed during the auto recovery. And I can use TB to recover data for the few critical apps that need data recovered. Is this possible? I thought I read a long time ago you could but I'm not sure how to do it. I tried copying the apks to the system/app directory in the zip but get an error.

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Yes titanium will allow you to make a zip copy of itself with its data (update.zip, but you rename it to titanium.zip). You then flash it in cwm instead of going back to the market for it. Just be aware you will have problems if you try to restore data to any system apps other apps can give you problems during data restore such as making titanium hang on the restore. If that happens home out and go into manage apps and force close titanium and them restart it and only install that app and not its data.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

StoneRyno

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
That takes care of TB, But after a wipe I have to deal with first use. If I don't setup my account in it and once completed and I restore link2sd will automatic restore of my account still work when I log into the account in google play (market)? I've in the past had to install everything manually and it is very tedious to say the least. There is only a small handful of apps data that I need to restore and the homescreen configurations of trebuchet. All appear to not cause any problems as I have done this quite a bit over the last however long since CM7 was mostly complete. I'm just looking for ways to minimize the work that goes into a clean install. For some reason I always have problems updating to the newest nightly and always have to do a clean install to avoid the problems. I typically update about every 3 weeks or longer depending on any significant changes. If none I've gone as long as 2 months before that happens until such time as they have more or less completed all work on the ROM (not sure if that has happened yet except for when JB was released and the last major kinks worked out of CM9).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey