Is there REALLY no way to port the sense launcher over to the epic?

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
It runs as an application, so I was wondering if it really wasn't possible. Btw, rocking with LauncherPro Plus and it almost feels like my friend's EVO or my former EVO.

Sent from my awesome Samsung Epic 4g

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
A little while ago dex over in the evo hacks was trying to port it over to cm6. Im sure it can be done but it will take a lot of logcating to see the conflicts.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Sense is built into the framework and kernel, so it's a bit more complicated than simply just installing the .apk :p

This is what I thought, but I was curious why it couldn't be done. I knew that Sense UI was built in, but I wasn't sure if the launcher was. Thanks for the response. BTW, LauncherPro almost completely suits my needs :)

sryans2004

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
What about this??

snap20100914175117.png

39504279.png

snap20100914175722.png

I know its not the real deal.. BUT.. close enough if you ask me..

sryans2004

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
^^ That would be Launcher Pro Plus with Beautiful Widgets. They also have a pretty close white clock that looks like the one on HTC Sense. There is a lot you can do with Launcher Pro that people dont even realize.. Such as changing the docks and much more. It's very customizable and thats why I love it! When I had my EVO I didnt even use Sense. You can even get the animations (still in beta though) and can be slow at times so I wouldnt use it untill its final..

But yeah, why get sense when you can get something just like it (or better) without taking up so much memory/battery? (I think it did) lol.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
^^ That would be Launcher Pro Plus with Beautiful Widgets. They also have a pretty close white clock that looks like the one on HTC Sense. There is a lot you can do with Launcher Pro that people dont even realize.. Such as changing the docks and much more. It's very customizable and thats why I love it! When I had my EVO I didnt even use Sense. You can even get the animations (still in beta though) and can be slow at times so I wouldnt use it untill its final..

But yeah, why get sense when you can get something just like it (or better) without taking up so much memory/battery? (I think it did) lol.

I gotta check this out! +1 one for you ;)

Mike20PR

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
i would love sense but it would be too much for the epic... what i mean with this is, that sense is integrated much more than just the homescreen and most sense based apps use a white background which KILLS power like a mofo on a AMOLED screen...

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
i would love sense but it would be too much for the epic... what i mean with this is, that sense is integrated much more than just the homescreen and most sense based apps use a white background which KILLS power like a mofo on a AMOLED screen...

*Ahem*, Super AMOLED :)

Masterface7

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
If you want the sense clock definitely go with the fancy widget instead of the beautiful widget. The fancy widget was removed from the market for being to close to the original sense clock but a google search can find it on the internet no problem. Screenshot of fancy widget on xdandroid.

Last edited:

Shiggitay

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Is there ANY widget that mimics (with animation incl) the flipping of the HTC Sense Flip clock? That's the only thing I'd really want a Sense UI device for. I found that feature on the Evo 4G (and yes I'm aware the HTC Hero etc. had/has it as well) to be really cool, and I'd love to have it on my Epic 4G. I don't care for the other widgets or the other features of HTC Sense. Isn't that what Android is all about? Making your device unique?

Or...

Is it possible to take an Epic 4G ROM, and mod and mesh it with say an Evo 4G ROM so it'd include whatever it needs to run HTC stuff like the Flip Clock, while still being an Epic 4G? Would the recent hackers' acquisition of the HTC Desire HD or Desire Z or w/e ROM help in a such a feat/task? I'm no Android whiz, but I think that'd be really awesome if that can be accomplished.

Last edited:

ywenz

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I had fancy widget running for a while and loved the look. Then I realized how stupid it was. I mean why would you want a clock face that takes up half of the screen? So the I just downloaded beautiful widget and have been happy with the small widget ever since.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20