11-23-2012 12:50 PM
131 1234 ...
tools
    I feel like I am writing too much, but wanted to try one last thing tonight or quit.
    I downloaded a One Click Root for Epic zip from SDX. Ran it and am rooted, downloaded Wireless Tether and another, they are working. This is very similar to the Exploit program 2.2.1, except it is 2.2.4. Glancing out files, this one had a few more folders within.

Also, ClockworkMod was on phone before rooted.

And it did take forever to download drivers. They wouldn't on my laptop, went to desktop. So there might be something to haven't framents left on it.

And that one is made to run without unmounting card. So if you are getting stuck above, try this alternative.
    09-15-2010 10:37 PM
    You are in usb debugging mode, right? This method worked for me when I first rooted. It should work the same for Clockworkmod.
    Yeap Debugging mode...unmounted.
    09-15-2010 10:48 PM
    one last question- did you extract the files to the tools folder of your sdk?
    One thing to try is manually pasting in the lines
    Code:
    adb push rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin
    adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin
    adb push root.sh /data/local/root.sh
    adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/root.sh
    adb shell /data/local/root.sh

wait

adb push redbend_ua /data/local
    adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/redbend_ua
    adb push zImage /sdcard

adb shell /data/local/redbend_ua restore /sdcard/zImage /dev/block/bml8

wait

adb shell rm /data/local/redbend_ua
    adb shell rm /sdcard/zImage
    adb shell rm /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin
    adb shell rm /data/local/root.sh
    09-15-2010 11:39 PM
    I've been trying to install this recovery and i still can't get it to work. I'm on a mac so i had to do the command lines manually thru terminal. I didn't get any errors when inputting the commands. After the phone rebooted automatically, I completed the "cleanup" portion and turned off phone but when i try to get into clockwork, i still get stock recovery. Any suggestions?
    09-16-2010 02:27 PM
    I've been trying to install this recovery and i still can't get it to work. I'm on a mac so i had to do the command lines manually thru terminal. I didn't get any errors when inputting the commands. After the phone rebooted automatically, I completed the "cleanup" portion and turned off phone but when i try to get into clockwork, i still get stock recovery. Any suggestions?
    try loading the andromeda kernal then the custom recovery
    09-16-2010 10:33 PM
    so i do the one-click install for clockworkmod... reboot into recovery and i get to a screen which im pretty sure is not clockwork mod...
    says
    android system recovery <2e>

Samsung Recovery Utils
    - for BML-

so i go to apply sdcard:update.zip cause im assuming i still have to flash clockwork mod
    i get an error saying
    E:failed to verify whole-file signature
    E:singature verification failed
    Installation aborted

what should i do? wait till rom manager has cw support for the epic?
    or is there some way to fix this?
    09-17-2010 02:22 PM
    so i do the one-click install for clockworkmod... reboot into recovery and i get to a screen which im pretty sure is not clockwork mod...
    says
    android system recovery <2e>

Samsung Recovery Utils
    - for BML-

so i go to apply sdcard:update.zip cause im assuming i still have to flash clockwork mod
    i get an error saying
    E:singature verification failed
    Installation aborted

what should i do? wait till rom manager has cw support for the epic?
    or is there some way to fix this?
    I believe that you have to flash a boot kernel first (andromeda on XDA) before you can flash a custom recovery. If I try it with a stock kernel I do not get any errors but it only goes to the stock recovery (that is what you have above) The other error is because the stock recovery will only flash a properly signed update
    09-17-2010 07:41 PM
    what is a custom kernal exactly? kind of a noob to all this rooting and hacking and stuff
    09-17-2010 08:11 PM
    I finally figured it out!! To get the clockrom custom recovery installed you first need root then before you use the one click clockrom installer you need to start remount rw- check out this great tutorial here
    dmm5157 likes this.
    09-18-2010 05:26 PM
    I've got clockworkmod installed via osx, but I get the signature verification failed error as well. I don't have nandroid backup to backup my stock rom so that I can install a custom rom. I also only have the option to update via an update.zip not any other type of zip and when I try that I get the signature failed.

Any help? Please keep in mind that I have a mac and cannot use any of the windows run.bat tools. (snow leopard)

Thanks!
    09-25-2010 08:10 PM
    I've got clockworkmod installed via osx, but I get the signature verification failed error as well. I don't have nandroid backup to backup my stock rom so that I can install a custom rom. I also only have the option to update via an update.zip not any other type of zip and when I try that I get the signature failed.

Any help? Please keep in mind that I have a mac and cannot use any of the windows run.bat tools. (snow leopard)

Thanks!
    I'm on a Macbook Pro, and if you plan on tinkering with your phone a lot I would highly recommend getting a copy of Windows and installing it on Boot Camp. But if you don't want to go that route, you can always open up the .bat files and manually enter the code into Terminal.
    09-25-2010 08:40 PM
    No luck getting to clockwork recovery. I followed the steps and everything appeared to work as intended but it still boots to stock recovery. No Epic Experience for me tonight

10/10/10 is my lucky day!

I finally got Recovery mode working!
    10-07-2010 09:09 PM
    I believe that you have to flash a boot kernel first (andromeda on XDA) before you can flash a custom recovery. If I try it with a stock kernel I do not get any errors but it only goes to the stock recovery (that is what you have above) The other error is because the stock recovery will only flash a properly signed update
    I'm trying to flash andromeda through Rom Manager and I still only get stock recovery. Any suggestions on what may be going wrong?
    10-27-2010 06:17 AM
    If you're rooted, try tapping "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" in ROM Manager first. Then boot into Clockwork and install your ROM or kernel.
    10-27-2010 10:10 AM
    Hmmm I always thought I was rooted, my wireless tether works and I've removed all kinds of bloatware. I pressed flash in rom manager which says it downloaded successfully. When I try to boot into it or flash something I still get the stock recovery...
    10-27-2010 10:51 AM
    I'm currently stuck on the ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.0.9 screen on my Epic 4G and can't reboot or anything...please help!!!:o
    10-30-2010 10:32 PM
    I'm a dumb@SS....I got it now...:o
    10-30-2010 11:01 PM
    Lol hahaha
    10-30-2010 11:22 PM
    Kind of ironic - Clockwork is supposed to save your phone, not brick it Glad you figured it out!
    10-30-2010 11:25 PM

Thanks!
    Having this same exact problem when trying to boot to clockwork via rom manager oh and im using windows xp
    10-31-2010 07:10 PM
    ok i do all this and everything seems to work well... however when i try to reboot into recovery i get this

-- Install from package...
    Finding update package
    Opening update packate...
    Verifying update package...
    E:signature verification failed
    Installation aborted.

and i'm stuck in stock recovery

what did i do wrong?
    11-03-2010 08:49 AM
    If you're referring to the Reboot into Recovery Mode option in the ROM Manager app, it will not work unless you have flashed a custom kernel that is ROM Manager friendly.

You need to use the manual method. While the phone is off, hold the vol down + camera + power buttons.
    11-03-2010 03:01 PM
    what exactly are you guys doing when trying to flash recovery?

make sure you follow the directions to a T. also if this does not work theres another method or two over at xda forums.
    11-03-2010 03:40 PM
    nevermind working, just when i hit boot into rom manager i hit vol down-camera-power and it went to the right recovery
    11-07-2010 05:10 PM
    nevermind
    11-07-2010 05:54 PM
131 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD